This Coughlin wants to go in circles.....

badsonic

You know what, I think this could be a good deal for racing! JEGs could expand to include a circle track supply division... now think about it, how many NASCAR fans think local racing is only around as a means for people to work toward a big time NASCAR cup career? A lot of them, that's how many!

I can see it now, on the hood of the car... something like this " Jegs circle track supply, get out there and compete! "

Just my two cents.

Jeg's has long supplied circle track stuff, and has been around circle track racing since long before most of us on this board.

Jeg's sponsored multi track champion Don Gregory in the 60's through the early 80's. Most of this time, Gregory was teamed up with owner Bud St Amant (Gary's DAD). Both were from the Columbus, Ohio area. When the original ASA was formed, they were a fixture there.

The cars, from early Camaros to even the olds Cutlass were purple and white, usually #7.

In the 70's, the purple and white camaro was the subject of a short track model car release by the MPC Model company.

This pic is Don's 1980 ASA car.

post-21-1281149512.jpg

I agree its good to expand into the circle track world, this kid has the funds and equipment to show he could be something in Nascar, he just has to prove it on the track, which is not an easy task by any means.

In circle track racing, money gets you farther than talent. As long as he has the funds, he'll be in nascar in no time.

I agree its good to expand into the circle track world, this kid has the funds and equipment to show he could be something in Nascar, he just has to prove it on the track, which is not an easy task by any means.

In circle track racing, money gets you farther than talent. As long as he has the funds, he'll be in nascar in no time.

:unsure: Money can you explain what that is and if you get how to keep it? :huh:

TXTOM,

You got me there! I'm guilty of thinking of JEG's as " over priced drag racing stuff ", after your post I checked out the website and sure enough... there's a circle track category! I'm going to go help pull an engine tonight and my buddy has a current JEG's catalog, so I'm interested in checking out that section.

Money or not, I like the Caughlin kid's attitude. More time in the car driving= more fun in my book too.

there's a circle track category

Most of their stuff is things you can use across the racing board--carb and engine parts, rear end gears, spools, stuff like that.

You still want to keep companies like Howe, Lefthander, etc in mind for your hardcore circle track stuff.

Archived