Greg Biffle's win

champ1796

Steve "The Retard" Letarte strikes again. I guess he didn't learn anything from Montoya's Crew Chief @ Indy. Never give up track position. I can't believe they gave him a 3 year contract extension. Gordon will never win anything with "The Retard" as his Crew Chief!

Not to high jack the thread but on Twitter yesterday, Ol' DW was asking if anyone heard them shifting during the race. He said they were all doing it throughout practice. So after I read that and I heard it a few times while they were doing some in car cameras. I thought they weren't supposed to have Overdrive or shift anymore?

I do remember them saying no overdrive, but no rule against shifting that I heard. The gears somewhat prevented them from shifting from what I remeber?????? The "BIFF" was flying. I know Gordon's car was good but Greg was laying em down.

Rules are final drive at trans no more than 1:1 - no rules specific to 3rd gear ratio so they set em to 1.098 (or there abouts) to make approx 750-1000 rpm diff between 3 and 4, this allows a shift at Pocono down the backstraight as its soooooo long they were losing engines to over revs.

Greg Biffle got clean air at the end.I agree, 24 had the best car, maybe should have taken 2 tires. I had gained some respect for Double J ,lost it when he bump drafted 2. Elliot Sadler is the luckiest man on the planet after that shot.HANS device saved his life IMO. 1 Pocono race per year. Add North Wilkesboro or Rockingham.

Greg Biffle got clean air at the end.I agree, 24 had the best car, maybe should have taken 2 tires. I had gained some respect for Double J ,lost it when he bump drafted 2. Elliot Sadler is the luckiest man on the planet after that shot.HANS device saved his life IMO. 1 Pocono race per year. Add North Wilkesboro or Rockingham.

I do agree,Elliot Sadler is the luckiest man on the planet. makes no differance who starts it, wonder if the hate for Johnson will get to the same level as it did for Edwards? Probally not it never works both ways even though the end results were the same. :o

Was a much needed win for Fords new engine. After NASCAR took 8 years to allow Ford to updates heads on there old motor while allowing GM to build the SB2 then the SB2-2 then the RO7 it is good Ford is finally catching up.Maybe now with there new engine they can race again.

I totally agree with this. Not to mention the 6 week turn around in between races its almost like dejavu(sp).

wonder if the hate for Johnson will get to the same level as it did for Edwards?

With Johnson the anticipated outcome was a bump to increase speed of both cars, with Edwards the anticipated outcome was specifically slamming a competoitor into the wall.

Two totally different intents.

But yea for some people it will.

With Johnson the anticipated outcome was a bump to increase speed of both cars, with Edwards the anticipated outcome was specifically slamming a competoitor into the wall.

Two totally different intents.

But yea for some people it will.

i agree ..but with johnson ...he isnt liked anyway ..so it wont make any differents ..as for biff ...man was hungry . got some clean air .and smoked everyone ....glad he made it back to the winners circle ..

i agree ..but with johnson ...he isnt liked anyway ..so it wont make any differents ..as for biff ...man was hungry . got some clean air .and smoked everyone ....glad he made it back to the winners circle ..

Along with the clean air they worked the two tire strategy all race. When it was the last stop they new exactly what to do with the car; or at least I would like to think...LOL :lol:

Steve "The Retard" Letarte strikes again. I guess he didn't learn anything from Montoya's Crew Chief @ Indy. Never give up track position. I can't believe they gave him a 3 year contract extension. Gordon will never win anything with "The Retard" as his Crew Chief!

But hey, at least he'll continue his streak of "Most Top 5s"......that's the important thing, right? <_<

Biff just had a better car at the end taking 2 tires and the track cooling off, he has run good all year but has had bad luck, I think they had better watch out for the fords now, looks like they might have every thing worked out, good to see a ford win and not a obama motors.

Archived