Practice at THR?

1-Crew

Nick,

Shouldn't we be seeing your NWS weather bulletins by now? :P

We had a pretty good rain about 5:00 am this morning in Kyle. Nothing much since then, so let's hope that the rest of today and tomorrow are kind to us so that the infield can dry out before Saturday.

cs

Chase,

I'm going to wait for the swing shift NSW crew to make their Saturday prediction before I post anything.

And I'm counting on your to post up-to-the-minute reports on the actual condtions at THR when you get a chance.

We got pretty wet overnight here in San Antonio but I see the sun every now and then this afternoon.

Nick

You need a weather rock..

a dry rock means fair weather.

a wet rock means it's raining.

a dusty rock means a dust storm.

a swaying rock means it's windy.

a shadow under the rock means it's sunny.

a white rock means it's snowing.

if the rock is jumping up and down, an earthquake is upon us.

if the bottom of the rock is under water it's a flood.

Just to keep Chase happy, here is the first of dozens of weather updates for this weekend for South/Central Texas from the National Weather Service in New Braunfels.

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Chance for precipitation is 30%. Partly cloudy, with a high around 81. East northeast wind around 7 mph.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. Southeast wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Nick Holt

I hear some warnings and watches have expired, maybe we can get this weekend in.

Any idea what is happenig in SA (besides the Spurs losing !!!!! :angry: ) and over in the CC area ?? We've had way too many cancellations this season, I thought "el nino" had already cut-out ??????

Looks like CCMS is getting drenched according to the NWS radar. Houston must be floating after all the rain they've received over the past two days. San Antonio hasn't been hit too bad so far. A lot will depend on how much water they get on Friday. Of course, I-37 and HMP have already cancelled.

Nick Holt

CCMS might not be getting drenched yet... lol but very soon it will be since the storms are now moving south...

I hear the bluff is pretty bad outside..

As for kingsville. The wind has not come yet. I just went outside and to the north you can see a light show.

Archived