Heartland Thunder

Modracer

Discovery has a show coming out tomorrow about short track racing. Its called Heartland Thunder and it was filmed at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas. I have been to this facility and it is wicked fast. The weekly talent is second to none. Here's the website that has some of the clips on it. It comes on at 9:00pm

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/heartland-thunder/

I wasn't impressed.

Didn't think it was all that great either. It seemed like a carbon copy of "Madhouse". What was with the use of the whiteboard/chalkboards and the crazy mom/wife?

I can't knock it too much simply because I'll watch it. It's the only reality show centered around racing so I'll take part in watching like I did madhouse. I guess drama sells and they sure got plenty of it with the crowd they have choosen to follow.

p.s. their in car cameras suck...Did you see the size of that thing?

I think the wife mom routine was a put on by some producer. I think she is stronger than that.

That's the feeling I got throughout the entire episode. For someone who really doesn't know the real ins and outs of racing, the show may have come across as genuine. To me, it was too made-up, scripted, whatever...

I guess I shouldn't expect anything more from television.

Thank the Lord my wife is not in the pits with me every weekend yelling at me to change this or tweak that! :lol:

Nothing against the dirt guys but compared to MADHOUSE it was horrible. The producer should be fired. Madhouse was way more in depth at least on the ins and outs of racing. You could definetely tell alot of that last night was scripted for some reason. I dont get it. Probably wont make it through the rest of the season.

I agree with most of what yall are saying bout the show. It was like they were trying to shove to much into a hour and forgot that mostly racers were watching and wanted to watch more racing things. IDK but Ill watch it again and Ill tell why....so more shows like this one will emerge and not fade away.

Archived