ROmco CHampion

Bar2248

I'm not sure that Doug Hooks will win it this year. There are plenty of other contenders out there.

#14 Davidson will be good as alway but I think that he will think about all of the bigshow with SAS and All-Pro

#82 Wilson Not sure, he is consistant but all that traveling has got to wear you out

#99 Hooks had a good season last year but had to many DNF

#96 Greg looked real racy at HMS, although he just goes to win and lets the points fall were they will

#55 Wallace He is the darkhorse last year No one expected him to win. It would have been enteresting if he would have gone to TMS.

#8 Bendele has everything that it takes to win except luck. If he can run good and finish well he should contend

#32 Stewart is my darkhorse for this year. I think that his program has come along way and he should contend for at least a top 5 finish in the points

I will also pick Bradly Reithmeyer as Rookie of the year. With all of his dad's knowledge and Bradly's driving should be a good match.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will be a close finish in the points standings. but Im sure it won't compare to the 199 somthin points when david umscheid beat slick yomens at ( i think corpus christi) by like 3 points. everyone waited at the track to find out who won the points, it was great. (I hope im right on this and not making myself look stupid, but thats how i remember it) MIke help me out on this.

hey rickracer is that rick rapp? If it is i just wanna say hi.....My dad David Umscheid always had great races with you. And the lucky under wear was a little crazy i hope u have a new pair by now lol. ya my dad got upside down at CC and SAS and another time at the special Mexico race in Chiwawa (SP?)

Are you kidding me. The Legend(down in these parts) get on a keyboard. No I`m just a guy that`s been with Beddoe for about 25 years. Was crew chief for Rick on his last SAS NASCAR attempt and crewed for him on and off in his TIDA day`s. See you in Corpus I`ll be in the 115 pit. Joey`s BACK!!! LOL

I thought that it was just a single point seperating David and Slick. That was one of Sam Hill's show in CC and it was the first time that it snowed in Corpus in like 35 something years. I thought that it went like this. Slick was second behind Greg Davidson if Slick won the race he would win the Championship. David dropped out with some kind of problem. And the end of the race Slick finished second and the Championship was tied with no tie breaker. However with further review the TIDA staff concluded that when David made it back out he move one position in the final race standings giving him the title by just a single point. That what I remember but Hey maybe we're talking about two different championships.

hey rickracer is that rick rapp? If it is i just wanna say hi.....My dad David Umscheid always had great races with you. And the lucky under wear was a little crazy i hope u have a new pair by now lol. ya my dad got upside down at CC and SAS and another time at the special Mexico race in Chiwawa (SP?)

Does your Dad still have his old lucky welding hat he wore under his helmet back then ? I remember some one hid it from him and he wasn`t going to let Niel start the race until it was found!!! LOL :D

Archived