Romco and T/C

Bar2248

Same here...Nobody likes to be accused of doing something that they arent. But another factor with traction control. Its not really helping the poeple that do have it. For example in Houston, there are two poeple that I know about running traction control and they seemed to be having trouble. One person who usually runs up front didnt do so good. But say there is going to be another Big Shot, Would they allow Traction Control? Because if they dont, there are going to be many poeple having trouble and it is going to be very obvious.

That could be different though depending on the track that they run it on IF they run it. As of now I don't see anyone having deep enough pockets to run it anywhere. Whoever it is can be assured that neither SAS or HRP will want to take the loss. That means whoever does it will have to lease the track and make their money back... In referance to the TC at SAS do you think it will help more or less there than at the smaller tracks since they carry so much speed through the corners?

Sorry bout that I ment to say HMS... I don't know much about how traction controll works on a smaller track compared to a larger one guess it depends on the gear that you are in coming out of the corners the lower the gear the more likely you get tire spin. If that is the case then it will help at a smaller track much more... Let me know when I am getting off the beaten path...

I don't even race so i have very little on an idea on how it works also... It's based on traction so where are you most likely to lose traction on the track(any track) I would imagine while in a low gear like 2nd 3rd ish coming out of a turn and also on a restart I couldsee how also... I run traction controll in the car I drive... A 2001 Buick Regal...lol... Couldn't pass that up... I think I would get my doors blown off tho... Honestly tho I image that once you see the cars enough that have it you will be able to tell who does and does not over time... Thats their choice... I wouldn't say its the right choice but its their choice.

Here are my .02 cents.

The simple fact that ROMCO allows traction control will hurt everyone, the Drivers and crews. Most fans don't know any different, All they know if that a driver went out and blew away the field and they don't know why just only that it happened.

If a driver does walk away with a race this year just like in Houston rumors will fly about the TC. I was in the pits at Houston and with the fact that Bendele and Hooks ran away with the race there was talk about TC being used. It is the nature of the beast. If people don't win, They make excuses why. This is a team sport. You need everything uncluding luck to win races.

As far as teams being hurt by accusations on TC and feeling the need to be plugging products and services( Jason and Nick I'm sorry I have to say this) Your on track performance will do more for your business than anything else!

actually it is stupid in romco's part especially since they made the drivers vote on making it legal. Romco is the only series I have ever heard of making traction control legal. I think they just had to take the easy way out since they couldn't find it last year.

Kevin25251,

the race that my brother jc qualified doug hooks' car wasnt the big shot 250 it was for the last race at kyle before the bigshot....i dont remember what it was called. But remember jc drove for Turner Motorsports for the big shot :D

Archived