Romco and T/C

Bar2248

After the first race in Houston, I did not see it helping anyone much, if any at all. The 8 car, who does not have tc, was running away with the race (74 laps), until lap cars, (one of them had TC) wrecked in front of him and he had nowhere to go. I believe the race winner had TC, and he was running a strong second before taking the lead due to the crash. The 8 & 99 were about to lap some Romco regulars that had taction contol. It is too early to tell what effect it will have on the series until a race is run at each track. I dont think it will have much to do with the outcome of races, only the reputation of the series and crush development of the drivers and crew chiefs who use it. My question is......... Can a winner of a race that has TC really be proud of himself and his crew after the race? I dont think so.

In my day the way to cheat was to use mercury to obtain an obscene amount of left side weight. There were cars so left side heavy that they would actually roll if the driver dared to turn to the right at speed. Then there was a host of rear end locking/unlocking devices that eventually became legal in some racing organizations. Next came analog telemetryand, later, digital telemetry. Of course, there has been cheating in the engine compartment in one form or another for as long as there have been stock car races. Anyone can buy a cheater carb and bolt it on. Or get hold of some treated gas or figure out a way to soak the tires without melting the rubber off.

To me, all of these things take away from the sport. I'm with gasman on this one. If you have to cheat to win then you are not a winner. Period. Just because the ROMCO rules do not ban it does not make it right. ROMCO admits that it is allowing it simply because they do not know how to check for it.

Nick Holt

Meredith Race Engines,

In Jason's and my opinions, a portion of your message was a legitimate reply and portion was a plug for two racing related businesses. In fact, Jason has specifically requested that I keep a closer check on certain businesses who seem to be using the forum sections to promote their businesses. As I have mentioned elsewhere, TSZ welcomes paid advertising but prohibits non-paid advertising.

Both Jason and I are committed to keeping TSZ a place where the Texas racing community can share information and discuss issues in a well-moderated environment.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

TSZ Moderator

Doug doesn't have T/C that I know of, so good job to him winning the first race of this year. But my opion on T/C is it never should have become legal. If thats what you got to do to look good and win, then your not a good driver. And not real sure if the #8 car crew was just joking around with me or what but and " Do you know how to hook up T/C" MY reply: No we don't have it. I think they were just tryin to find out who has it and who doesn't, but why should you worry about it if your fast.

I would also like to state that its not just the driver that wins races and all we are doing is congratulating the teams and giving them a little recognition. I think we should atleast be able to give the teams credit, even if the team has decided to make it a full time job.

Shoving MRE and URS down our throats in every post WILL NOT happen. In fact I have gotten several complaints about it and it probably does more bad than good to the 2 businesses. It turns me away because of how annoying it gets. If you have a problem with it email me.

Jason

Brandon dosent have TC, i dont think he has enough motor to use it. his car gets through the corners better than any car i have seen in a long while. those guys like to joke around alot, have take most of what they say with a grain of salt.

Big John

I would have to say that I doubt very seriously that Brandon would have TC mainly becasue he doesn't need it. He has been a very consistant driver wherever he has driven weither it be at SAS THR or HMS. Everyone will have their own view no matter how good a driver gets. Instead of worrying about who has or doesn't have TC, becasue it is legal no matter how you feel about, some of us need to pat the backs of the guys that win unless something is proven otherwise. All these accusations go absolutely no-where becasue no-one has any proof. Unless you know don't go trying to ruin a drivers reputation. You may not like a driver, the way he drives, or the money he spends, that doesn't mean you need to take other people down with you. My congrats go out to Doug Hooks on his win and I hope he does well at THR next Sat. I know this won't clear the air but thats my .02

I agree saspeedracer24, I dont think anyone was accusing Brandon of having traction control. I was stating that brandon was a good driver and that he was very consistant. Maybe some poeple are curious that he does have Traction Control but that shouldnt get to anyone. Everyone has to put up with it. I remember last year when J.C. Umscheid qualified Doug Hooks car for the Big Shot 250 and the Romco officials took the car and checked it for traction control. Nothing was found and it is not allowed in that business or race team. It was just something that they had to prove. Dont let it get to you, your gonna see things you dont like or dont agree with on this website.

It wasn't really getting to me I just don't like it when accusations are thrown around with really no proof. And that goes for any driver not just Brandon. As far as Im concerned I don't like the idea of TC in fact there are alot more cheaper ways to bend the rules that won't make you look as bad vs. being labeled with the moniker of needing TC to aid you around the track. If you catch my drift. Not saying that anyone bends the rules cause I really don't know.....

Archived