Oak Hill Raceway?

Jason

This was originally built as a kart track, but they do race motorcycles on it. It's pretty tight, even for them. I think world MotoGP rider and Conroe native Colin Edwards II still holds the outright lap record.

Mel-

I've never actually seen the track, just talked to some of the guys who race there. I do know a couple of SCCA Formula Fords have tested there, but only with only one or two cars on the track at a time. Even the motorcycle guys say it's pretty tight, but they, like the rest of us, have limited places to play. I'd be tempted to take a couple of Legacy cars up there and see what it's like. Might just be like racing a full size car on a two-lane country road. Yee-hah!

I'd like to see someone do something about promoting the Legacys. They look and sound good.

By the way, Texas is a hotbed of talent development for road racing motorcycles, and a number of world-class riders have used Texas and the U. S. to further their careers. The Europeans think American drivers are a joke, but they respect our bike guys.

Archived