SAS rained out 5/1/04

NickHolt

SASPEEDRACER24

I imagine ROMCO collects a fee from TSRS ARTS and/or whoever.

Well, Marc, your imagination failed you on this one. And I'm not sure how you arrived at the re-schedule scenario you describe, but your assumptions about insurance, purses, sponsorship arrangements and how ticket prices are determined need some serious revision.

Hopefully the rain will stop

At least I can agree with you on this.

Nick Holt

What I was implying is that it would cost the track more and get less profit to run say ROMCO along with the regular show than it would when ROMCO rents the track. ROMCO pays SAS to run there by leasing it. I doubt SAS could generate the same amout of funds needed to cover the expence if they had to pick up the tab. I was just giving an example in the above post. Also like I said in the above post Mr Speich will correct me if I am wrong. You can count on that... Its funny how everyone is on SAS's back but if Im not mistaken THR and Houston have been rained out the past 2 weeks as well so were all in the same problematic boat here. I think had ROMCO been at any track they would have been faced with the same problems due to scheduling...Except CC since they already run with the regular guys there...

Marc

Archived