New Class of Cars at THR

TexasHighDef

I will say one thing. I try to stay neutral on things just kind of report what I see. One thing is for sure. He kind of did what he set out to. He put on a show. The kids loved it and everybody remembers his car and he caused no harm. So all and all not a bad thing. Great Show everybody!! I have been going though my tape today and I got some real good stuff from lastnight!! I have been cutting like Edward Scissors Hands for the pass few hours and just needed a brake and thought I would pop by and see what was up on LSS. Peace! Duke

I agree with Papa

The driver is supporting racing by bringing a car to the track, paying his pit fee and adding to the purse.

I think the car is different, is that a reason to refer to the driver by anything other his name. To borrow a phrase from David “he may be a little eccentric” I don’t think his enthusiasm for the sport and stepping outside of the box relegates him being called a fruit loop. His car is an eye catcher for sure and when people look at the car his sponsors get noticed. He looks like a person who is having fun doing what he loves.I doubt he is the type that gets all worked up on or off the track.

cant say if this ok or not my decision . would prob lean on the [ not] but , calling the grandstocks a joke and should not be taken seriously . is not fair . if thats what you can afford or have no desire puttin money to run at a higher level this is the class to be in . you get points , a pay out , a trophy if you win and pass tech , so yeah i would call you a class of racing JMO

That guy was parked next to our team last year....and yes, he may be a little eccentric, but he is a very nice person who loves to be at the track and be a part of racing. I don't know his name, and I wouldn't personally drive that car, but I have seen all manner of things zip tied to roll cages and sayings/words spray painted on cars. Maybe everyone oughta lighten up on the guy...or at least not be making personal comments about him.

Nicely said.

And again, if I sounded like I was being mean in my is this a joke comment.

It was not meant to be mean.

Humbly reminds me of when I was 12 - I was timing for my godfathers Super. We had picked up a sponsor that provided us an AWESOME 427 big block (yes we actually used to race those heavy SOBs). The sponsor was Precision Head Service "For the best head in town" - the owner was an outed gay and gave us the engine painted passionate pink. The car was a 68 Camaro original body that had been also set up to run the dirt at Mexicali and South Bay park - which meant the fender was cut back for the right steer clearance - whick means that everyone could SEE the pink Rat. All through hot lapping he kept it in third - max rpm 5000. So needless to say it far less than impressive - and me sitting front row start line in a pink shirt - well I was getting a lot of flack. That is until the final session - with 10 laps to go he pulled it into 2nd and came out of turn one straight and fast. The whole place fell silent. I just smiled and walked off to the pit gate to give them my sheet which showed every one of his final 10 laps to be at or better than the standing track record. That night he took the main by storm - passing three cars every straight (yes he plowed into the corners and two would get him back). Picked up Rookie of the year with 8th in points that season - out of an 85 car count (on any given night we saw at least 70 cars qual).

It's bout getting attention. As long as its safe - who cares what he does to accomplish that. And look at the bright side. In a roll over it will mop up it's own mess.

....It's bout getting attention. As long as its safe - who cares what he does to accomplish that. And look at the bright side. In a roll over it will mop up it's own mess.

Nicely said!

And as my signature say's - - Close your eyes, Not your mind!

Well someone stole the paint scheme for my Nascar Modified. Back to the drawing board, how bout a car covered in baby diapers.

I applaud that guy! What happen to the days of the "mad dog 20/20" car and 30-30, or the 10-4, We had a guy with a late model sport that was even 4Q. Maybe a little creativity now and then is what racing needs.

Kalif Sellier

4 Nascar Modified

4$ Dirt Mod

Sometimes the mini van!!!!!!!!!!!!

I race a primer gray chrysler lebaron convertible with the tires spray painted white. We are taking over. :lol:

I did that so my car would stand out. While this car may be way out there, I bet more fans, especially kids love and remember that car vs. a lot of others with high dollar graphics.

Kdogg,

You left off #4 limited dirt mod.

Sometimes #18 eco

and former pilot of "the wagon"

what better way to get a car painted ..bring out the little fans .and let em have at it ..gets em involved and they can say i painted that part ..probably most ugly car you will ever see ..to the children it wont look that way to em .. but will have life long memory .s .. good way to get parents involved too .. ps thats for someone else to do ..i like my paint jobs ..lol

Since THR is off this weekend, they might be towing the car to compete in California.... ;)

Irwindale Speedway to Hold an "Auto Soccer" Match This Saturday

Tracks - 4/28/10

This Saturday night, Toyota Speedway at Irwindale (CA) will feature auto soccer as part of their weekly racing lineup. The "sport" involves a 400-pound, five-foot tall steel "soccer ball" and two teams consisting of between three and six cars each trying to move the ball into two Paul Bunyan-size goal nets

i don't know what the guy's motive is, but, he has something to do with entertainment, last year i talked to him, he's a very nice guy, he said he does this for entertainment, he alway's has people on his crew of different races, which may mean that he does this thing to help take them from other things in their life that may not be good ( this is not know for sure ) just from hearing him talk. we all could do things to this affect by going to our local high school, get some of the young students involved with our cars on friday and saturday night and get them out of the parking lots around drugs and alcohol, teach them about pitting for you and maybe help change their life. we all see things different, the cars with all the animals means something to him, sad thing for him is, he blew the motor after practis, he was park straight across from me and i herd it when it let go. i should be ashamed of my self, but when it blew, i said to myself, thank goodness that thing won't be out on the track tonight. DON'T SAY OR WISH BAD THINGS, and maybe thats why my car was tore up in our feature race, beware of what you say. hopefully, this guy is doing a good thing for all !!! :P

Archived