New Class of Cars at THR

TexasHighDef

I normally have a pretty good sense of humor, but I wish they wouldn't let that car on the track. It's absurd. Some of the Grand Stock drivers take their cars very seriously, and this makes the class look like a circus.

Just my opnion.

I normally have a pretty good sense of humor, but I wish they wouldn't let that car on the track. It's absurd. Some of the Grand Stock drivers take their cars very seriously, and this makes the class look like a circus.

Just my opnion.

nothing personal...but this attitude is a big reason I dont like asphalt racing...grand stock drivers should NOT take there cars that serious...racing is for fun... most likely none of us on this level will ever go pro...and people like this bring some color..to what is normally a follow the leader style race. jmo.....AJ

I should add i still remember my favorite driver when i was a kid...captian glow worm....you can guess why he was called that...

Just my opnion.

nothing personal...but this attitude is a big reason I dont like asphalt racing...grand stock drivers should NOT take there cars that serious...racing is for fun... most likely none of us on this level will ever go pro...and people like this bring some color..to what is normally a follow the leader style race. jmo.....AJ

I should add i still remember my favorite driver when i was a kid...captian glow worm....you can guess why he was called that...

jack spencer was that glow worm car at big h aka hmp and the only winning ford in the bombers from what i remember!

those where the good ole days... i still like both "dirt" and "asphalt"...i saw that car i honestly thought it was a demo derby car didnt realize it was a grand stock...yellow flies again for bert and ernie laying in the middle of 3-4 opps yellow flies again for cookie monster and elmo this time lol!!!!!!!!!!!oh no now the bennie babys have broke open and there is beads all over the front staight look out!!!!!!!!you know i could go on for hours oh well lighting storm is over time to go to bed! good night and god bless from the late pual harvey "this is lynn hardy...............Good DAY......

my favorite driver as a child was jimmy hicks in his spray painted black camaro with the red spray painted numbers on the side and he had his red headed troll glued right to the roof and ron arnette had a ca at longhorn back in the mid 80's that was painted up with all the sesame street characters on it over the stock paint job man that was a big ole dodge boat drove it right up to the crusher that was funny and from the looks of it this guy has a lot of time in his car too those stuffed animals didnt just fall on there lol

The Grand Stock class isn't a joke .They put on a great show with some very competitive racing. Some people can't afford the higher classes (I may end up with a GS someday). Some may take it a little too serious but this car is a joke. Wild paint schemes...sure...stuffed animals ...I don't think so.

Just my opnion.

If you are going to do something you should do it to the best of your ability. It is fun but it's called "RACING" for a reason. Have you seen many grand stock races? It's usually anything but follow the leader. Not everyone can afford the "real" race cars and have to do what they can with what they have.

Give the guy a break. He's just trying to have some fun. You might not like it but I bet the kids will go nuts. Actually I think it looks a lot better than some of the other cars in the upper classes at both the asphalt and dirk tracks.

the toys and glue cost more than the car did .and problably worth more ..... though its ugly as heck ..i cant seem to find a place in my heart to condem the mans artistic work .. had to take some time to glue that all together .. why is it someone steps out of the box and . trys something only to get knocked around for it .... most drivers are proud of thier paint jobs . ......... my thought here is .he wanted to clean out the kids closet and what better way to do so ..wonder what the car will bring over the scales at your locar crusher .

The man towed to the track and paid his $ at the back gate just like everyone else. He went through tech I assume and attended the drivers meeting. I call that supporting the track at the least. So he's different. Hell, you should see this old fat one-legged man push a wheel barrow. Thats different.

That guy was parked next to our team last year....and yes, he may be a little eccentric, but he is a very nice person who loves to be at the track and be a part of racing. I don't know his name, and I wouldn't personally drive that car, but I have seen all manner of things zip tied to roll cages and sayings/words spray painted on cars. Maybe everyone oughta lighten up on the guy...or at least not be making personal comments about him.

Archived