Joe Aramendia Update from TMS

ChuckLicata

Hey gang...

In case you hadn't heard already...

I talked to Jon (sp?) Aramendia last night..he said the Aramendia race team bought a car to run in today's O'Reilly 300 Busch race...It's one of Jack Sprague's old Busch cars..

Jon told me that the car is fast and they love their chances for a top-15 in today's Busch race...He said they've checked it over with a fine-tooth comb and they like it alot..

Jon also said he paid a lot more than he wanted to for the car, but in his position, what could he do? But again, the team is very confident about the car, and they feel like they'll have a great run today if they can avoid an accident...

Let's goooo racing!

Chuck L.

WAY TO GO JOE ON FINISHING 20th in the Busch Race at Texas! We are so proud of our very own San Antonio Speedway native driver.

Joe did a great job despite the incident towards the beginning of the race. Dont let what Bobby Hamilton, Jr. said bother you, the wreck wasnt your fault. And your now 35th in points! :)

Keep up the great driving Joe, I'm rooting for ya!

P.S. Tell the t.v. people to get your name right! LOL

no offense to Joe or his fans, but the wreck was his fault, in trying to get out of the way, he got his left side on to the apron and lost control of the car. It wasnt done on purpose, but it happened. I thought Jr's comments were off base, where the hell would he be if it he werent riding his daddys coattails? Probably serving freedom fries somewhere!

no offense to Joe or his fans, but the wreck was his fault, in trying to get out of the way, he got his left side on to the apron and lost control of the car. It wasnt done on purpose, but it happened. I thought Jr's comments were off base, where the hell would he be if it he werent riding his daddys coattails? Probably serving freedom fries somewhere!

I think Joe showed real class in taking responsibility for the crash.

I think Bobby Jr. showed something similar to class. At least it rhymes with it, even if it doesn't start with cl.

To Nick:

Yes, that's the same car...

To all:

Yes, Joe showed A LOT of class in taking blame for the wreck.

Ric Clark heard the incident as it happened on his scanner, and Joe told his crew (paraphrased) on the radio: "I tried to get down low but touched (the white line) and the car got loose...that was my bad.."

Also, here's Joe's quote from my friend Terry Blount in today's Dallas Morning News: "A few people told me he (Hamilton) pinched me down, I don't know...But, I take full responsibility for it...I want to earn respect, not make enemies."

It was great to see Joe finish 20th, but of course--there's an asterisk to that because of the incident with Hamilton..however, give Joe and his crew credit, they stuck it out and survived to the finish, and obviously just FINISHING was a big deal in yesterday's Demolition Derby///er, Busch Race!

Chuck L.

Chuck L.

For those of you that may be interested, I covered the Busch race from Joe Aramedia's pits and will be writing my Busch recap from that perspective. Everyone was great and didn't mind me kibitzing in from down there. I'll be getting some driver bio info, etc from his PR guy and will get it posted when I'm finished, in the next couple days. I've got a WHOLE lot of stuff to write up-----any volunteers for a secratary??? My poor typing finger will be worn out. LMAO

I would also like to say Congratulations to Joe Aramendia and the Aramendia Motorsports team. Joe and his team are doing great for theyre first season. Its gonna take time to earn respect from the other drivers. I was also wondering if Joe was planning on running any late model races in texas. Maybe ocktoberfast or the big shot if it happens?

Just a heads up...

Joe Aramendia will join The Motorsports Zone in-studio this Saturday...

I'm working on finding a 1-800-number so those of you out of the Austin area can call in for free...

Thanks, and hope to see you at THR this Saturday!

Chuck L.

Archived