I finally found them

abrungot

All racers really want is a level playing field and a decent facility to run on. Oh yeah.. the purse adds to it, but these 60-70 folks didn't build their cars with dollar signs in their eyes.. they built them to have fun.

There is no reason why THR, SAS, CCMS or any other track can't grow to be like ThunderRoad or Beech Ridge or Oxford Plains. It may take a while, but that's the goal.

Nick Holt

What you're seeing is a $5,000 to win Enduro. Notice that many people sitting in this section of the grandstands have score sheets in their laps.

I don't know if the still do it or not, but several years ago the tracks up there used to put as many cars as could fit on the track and let them go for 15 minutes. Rarely did anyone ever know who actually won or lost, but there wasn't a frown in the bunch.

Nick Holt

Nick is right on this is and Enduro race.. and i have seen over 150 cars on a 1/4 mile at one time. Each car provides a scorer so you can relax Kathy!!! :D the scoring is all done by a clock that counts seconds... its crazy to watch.. and they usually last 300 laps... Kathys only job would be to keep track of the front car... ehheeheh if it was only that easy..

And don't worry about lining up after the yellow, there are no yellows. If the car dies during the enduro, they just leave it out there as an extra obstacle to avoid. The only flags used are green red and checkered.. I saw a couple of these in New Hampshire and they were a lot of fun. I rememnber a station wagon that was doing real well. He found the fastest way around the corners was 8 wheels instead of 4. To bad for the guy on the outside...

Hey that's a great car count really that would be nice to see thunderhill with that many cars but yea it will take a while but Brian and Jim can do it they are turning the track around for the best.

TTR73

All I got to say is I have been in two enduros,finishing 13th and 7th,really had fun,but if you are in front of me on the start,make sure your car is running,in both races the car in front of me died on the start.Oh yea,how about reliability in a race engine,ran both races and all the next season was pulled out and sold after that.How about that for a 4000 + lb FORD even after the races.

I have had to score and enduro race before back many years ago. Thank goodness there were not that many cars as seen in the picture above. And I know how the old flop clock works.

And how did this thread become a "take a bash at THR thread", dancer, chevy and fishracer?

Ok... Nick for the record i was intending on starting nothing but a good conversation...

I will comment on the There is nothing to due in NH/VT on a saturday night... This is true... ohh so true... its drink and party or get into trouble.... well we can do both at the track so why not..

Here is another point about north country racing... $$ is hard to come by.. most racing is for fun more than the $$

Nick,

Has THR ever considered some kind of enduro race for cars like the grands, or cc bombers, sas roadrunners? sounds like a good way to get some cars out that might stick around for the season. A few of us ole racers might consider a stab at a fun race like that.

Thanks,

Mel

Archived