This weekends weather

TTR73

Hey guy's have y'all seen the forecast for this weekend yet it already say's 30% Friday and 30%saturday Pretty bad that would really suck if it is rained out for 2 weeks in a row.

TTR73 :angry:

2 WEEKS IN A ROW-3 WEEKS OUT OF THE MONTH..HONEST GUYS I WAS JUST JOKING ABOUT THE 6-8 WEEKS THING..I PUT THE DRUM UP AND QUIT DANCING 3WEEKS AGO...

I'M READY FOR SOME RACIN' DAMN IT!!!!!!

Hey now Reb,

I said it was going to stop rainning in time to race.

And it did. LOL

Now, we did get a brief shower about 3:00 at the track, but it only lasted about 15 minutes and it was by no means a down poor.

But, Brian had already called the races.

So, I was right this week. LOL

Unfortunately, they are calling for rain again, but hey it's only Monday. That forcast is gonna change at least 5 times before Saturday gets here. :)

And sometimes I think I do a better job at forcasting than the guys that get paid for it.

hey gunnar-right now i see kyle for fri at 40% chance of showers and t/s's-same for fri nite-sat morning at 30%-sat nite cloudy lo in mid 50's-should get to race at thr-in san antonio for fri i'm getting 30% during the day and 40% at nite-lo in the 60's-saturday its less than 20% hi at 80 and sat nite cloudy- low upper 50's-it's early in the week and s- -t can change-from what i'm seeing now theres going to be some racing going on-i'll check it out later in week and see if a front might be moving in- :P

I have become less trustful of the NWS forcasts after last week's fiasco. Remember they predicted a 70% chance of heavy thunder storms for the San Marcos area for Saturday afternoon and 50% chance for the same in the evening.. Yeah, right. All we got was a light 3:00 p.m. shower and we could have raced at THR as long as no one got into the infield.. LOL

Anyway, here is what the NWS is saying about this coming weekend.

"NEXT WAVE OF RAIN MAKING ENERGY BEGINS TO AFFECT

SOUTH CENTRAL TX LATE FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT. FORECASTS CONTINUE

TO SHOW COOL FRONT COMING ACROSS S CNTRL TX FROM THE N AND NW

LATE FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT. THE SATURDAY WEATHER PATTERN FOR

MAY 1ST LOOKS LIKE DECREASING CLOUDS/CLEARING AS STRONG UPPER

LEVEL TROF FOR MAY 1ST TIME FRAME SWEEPS ACROSS THE AREA..."

At this point, looks good for Saturday racing at THR!

Nick Holt

(In the best DW inpression you can muster up)well guys we have to do that old Darrell Waltrip cyclone thing wher the cars get going and the heat that is produced will drive the rain from the area.LOL

hopefully, the brunt of the poo poo will hit SAS on Friday evening and give it all a chance to get soaked up by the time they plan to pull the triggar on practice Saturday. Then again, 16 is a mess there around the speedway.

(how ya'll like "poo poo" for a weather term !! ??)

Acording to D .W. we just need to get the cars out on the track going fast, and that will create a vortex , and the rain will go right by the track.

Brian C. needs to have a free practice Friday night ,and that will keep the rain away, also if Shawn Paul Dose his Anti- Rain dance that would help......lol

I would pay to see that at Intermission.

Victory Lane

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
60% chance of storms sat, i sure hope they call it before we spend 100.00 on tow fuel and such just to be called as we get into s/a, to tell us go home this time. just think about those guys coming from ok,mo,
Gundog26, it is a no win situation for the tracks, they are wrong if they call it early to save some from the long trips & they are wrong when they call it later in the day, hoping for sunshine & it does not come!

Not only does the weather at race time play an important part in it, but what the weather has done earlier to the track, sun may be shining @ race time, but the track is so wet and if they tried to race when there racing accidents, clean up would be incredible and we all know, fans like the wrecks, but not the time it takes to clean them up.

Nothing more stressful for track owners, promoters & the touring series than trying to make the right call. Tuff job! Lets just all pray for no more rain for a while. :rolleyes:

Gundog-did my late week check and its not looking good for Sat-70% in the afternoon-i'm seeing it more in the afternoon and calming down at nite-where last week it was early in the morning and calmed down by afternoon- living in the area of the Horse-I thought I heard some drumming when I was in the backyard awhile ago- :o

OK>. let the drums, Drum.. the Dancing keep dancing.. and Prayers keep coming.. its working some... Here is my positive Brain at work... Started that it was going to rain Fri into early Sat... and that has been pushed back.. maybe it can keep pushing and show up Sunday Early AM... RIGHT>>>> :blink:

lookin worse and worse.

Hazardous weather condition(s): Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Chance for precipitation is 20%. Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly sunny, with a high around 85. South southeast wind between 9 and 15 mph.

Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Chance for precipitation is 30%. Increasing clouds, with a low around 60. Southeast wind between 10 and 16 mph.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could be severe, with heavy rain. Chance for precipitation is 60%. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 75. Southeast wind 8 to 16 mph becoming north.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 7pm. Some of the storms could be severe, with heavy rain. Chance for precipitation is 60%. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 50. North northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 72. North northeast wind between 14 and 16 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49. North northeast wind between 8 and 16 mph.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 78. East northeast wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51. East wind around 8 mph becoming southwest.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 80. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south southeast.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 61.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 84.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Thursday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 86.

San Antonio International Airport

Last Update on Apr 30, 6:53 am CDT

Overcast

71°F

(22°C) Humidity: 90 %

Wind Speed: S 9 MPH

Barometer: 29.91" (1011.1 mb)

Dewpoint: 68°F (20°C)

Visibility: 10.00 mi.

More Local Wx: 2 Day History:

Course, it looks good for the week, just the weekends that suck.

Why is that?

Archived