Today's Nascar Call

TTR73

Shoulld Nascar Have Restarted The Race?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Shoulld Nascar Have Restarted The Race?

• A. Yes
    • B. No

Soooo Colt, are you saying that Jr is not the best at restrictor plate races? Did you see the Busch race? There is no question that DEI has some of the best equipment, but I think it would be a stretch to say that Dave Blaney would do as well as Jr if he had a DEI car. I stand by my statement. NOBODY is better than JR at Talladega or Daytona.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya i stand by mine too. Look at Michael Waltrip...bad ass at restrictor plates and not so good on regular tracks. DEI has the best equipment at restricotr plates. And i bet Dave Blaney could do just as good. Hell every race he has run in a unsponsored car this year he has been in the top-15 through out most of the race.

Colt-

Thanks for your comments on Stewart. Only one camera angle could have shown whether or not he tapped him, and they didn't show that angle but two or three times. I couldn't tell if he tagged him or not, but there was no dark paint on the orange nose of Stewart's car. Of course, that isn't conclusive, either, and your perspective as a current driver is probably better than mine.

I'm not for or against Tony, by the way (though the two Busch morons can go suck eggs), and I think he's good for the sport. We need guys with a little more edge who will occasionally pop off. For the same reason, we need guys like Jimmy Spencer. The game is going to get really boring if all we have are Jeff Gordon clones like Johnson, Newman and Kahne. (Don't start. Gordon is a heck of a driver, and I'm a fan, but we don't need 43 of him unless we want to chase everybody back to baseball.)

IM SORRY, BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE RESTARTED. JR PROBABLY WOULDNT HAVE WON ANYWAY, DUE TO HIS SLOW RESTARTS, BUT IT WAS JUST A SPIN THE BROUGHT OUT THE CAUTION. LET EM RACE,DONT HAVE SOME ONE IN THE TOWER TO DETEMINE THE OUTCOME......................

I agree. NASCAR should change the caution policy. Those cars running around under caution started looking like TSRS cars! lol Just kidding! Why does a simple spin with Kenseth and Vickers take 5-6 laps under caution. Should be 3 max. Take the caution and bunch up field. Come around and open pits for leaders. Then open pits for lappers (Jr). Then next lap send lucky dog around and go green!

I bet it was only Jr fans too! Colt is right. If Jr didn't have that last name he could not have made it to cup. Probably the same for one of my favorite drivers, Dale Jarrett and many others. Look at Kenseth, Newman, Kurt Busch, Jimmie Johnson. Those guys made it to Nextel because they have pure talent. Most of the old guys like Gordon, Rusty, Shrader, and Bill Elliott made it up this way too.

Jason, Are you OK? I was really looking forward to your cutting edge response today and now I find myself sorely disapointed at such a low key retort. Why hold somebodies name against them? If all you need is a famous last name why isn't Kerry Earnhardt winning races? Did Kyle Busch get a break just because of his famous big brother? A name may get you in the door but without talent you will be a spectator in a few months. Good greif, look at the ASA, Craftsman trucks and Busch series names. There are plenty of LaBontes, Jarretts and Hamiltons driving these days. This happens in a lot of other sports as well as our beloved NASCAR, which just goes to prove that some of these skills can be handed down genetically. Hopefully you can hand some of your skills on to your offspring. On second thought, maybe we don't need anymore Gorillas on here. LOL

I think that it was easier for them to say who was 1st and 2nd when the yellow came out than it was 11th, 12th....23rd etc. When they are 4 wide down the backstretch how do they say who was in 17th place? Granted, that's Nascar's problem but I bet it would take longer than 4 yellow flag laps to get it right.

Personally, I like green white checker as a fan but from an owner/driver perspective, those could get expensive or worse in a hurry!

Jay

If Jr had been just that far ahead of Gordon we wouldnt be having this conversation. Instead Gordon's victory is tarnished by a bunch of fans that got out of control. Im just glad Jeff won. When I was at TMS and Daytona there were more Jr. fans than any 2 drivers combined from what I could tell... So of course they will get the blame... Hey Jason BTW... How bout them Yates cars...lol....

Fans make the sport........

Fans spend as little as $300.00 per person on a race weekend to go see a NASCAR race. ( that is a bunch of money)

I do not care if you are a red Kneck, a Doctor, or Rocket Sceintist you will be upset if you felt you did not get your monies worth.

if their is a foul in Major league Game with 1 minute from the end of the game, and the NBA said to go ahead and end the game at that point. How do you think the fans would act?????? The average price a NBA fan would pay is around $100.- $150.00 per game.

You are blaming the fans for being upset.?!?

I know it is not pretty, and gives a bad image , but enough is enough.

The fans were not happy with the bad call , and they let NASCAR know it.

Their has been a 6-10% decrease in veiwers watching the Nascar races this season.

I wonder why?

Could it be Nacar is taking the Excitement out of the sport.

I do not blame the fans as much as I blame the Entertainment promoter for taking away the ending of the show.

If you went to see the "Lord of the rings", and the movie ended 5 mintues early, then some one came out , and told you how the movie ended would you feel cheated?

This is not Different.

I do not agree with what the fans did, but I do understand why.

I am sure that none of these fans had been served any beer all day.

Just my 2 cents.

Victory Lane

SORRY LITTLE BRO- BUT I'M THE BIIIGGGGESSST DAVEY ALLISON FAN,AND IN THE BEGINNING OF HIS CARRER I'M SURE PEOPLE WERE SAYING "HE'S JUST WHERE HE IS BECAUSE OF HIS NAME.." IF THAT WAS SO I WAS STILL HAPPY THAT I GOT TO WATCH HIM..

JUNIOR IS GOOD (I WOULD'NT CALL HIM THE BEST EVEN ON SUPERSPEEDWAYS,JUST DOMINATE FOR NOW LIKE TEAM MCCLURE WAS IN THE MID TO EARLY 90S).AND YES KYLE BUSCH IS HERE BECAUSE OF HIS BROTHERS SUCCESS.HE MAY HAVE WOUND UP HERE ANYHOW BUT HE GOT A HEAD START ON NO NAMES...

I'M NOT A GORDON FAN OR JUNIOR FAN ,I'M A RACE FAN..WHO WANTS GREEN FLAG FINISHES-BUT IF I DON'T GET IT I'M NOT GOING TO ACT 17YRS OLD AND THROW THINGS AT THE GUYS WHO HAVE NO CONTROL OF THE SITUATION..

Guest AYERS02

Bottom line...if Nascar wants to continue to see sold out races, and the

Networks want to see viewers, they had better understand that the fans

want to see the races end green,if possible.. no matter who their favorite driver is.

It just seems to me that Nascar just did not care about the Fans, because

they had their money already.

Sure it looks bad to see objects being thrown from the stands, but it might

cause Nascar to take note and review their call. Both Nascar and the beer

throwing fans looked bad yesterday !!!

Here are a bunch of comments from nascar.com...

Seems its all Jr's fault... from what i read...

Per NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter

"Here and Daytona, we're not going to run a one-lap shootout just because of safety," Hunter said. "We feel like here and Daytona, those just aren't places to do that."

Article: http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/...bris/index.html

Here is another bite to chew on... In Lee M.s article he said "The result? A shower of beer cans littered the track in the final two laps, and boos rained down from the grandstands. "

Well i see in this picture Bud can's Water bottles... some buckets.. Even coolers, Pepsi and mtn Dew cans...

I wonder if Lee is Bias himself?

post-2-1082999713_thumb.jpg

There seems to be some disagreement as to when the fans started throwing things on the track. I've seen two places (including SpeedTV.com, admittedly not an unbiased source), that say fans started throwing things onto the track when Junior got put back in second place. Others who watched said they didn't start throwing things until it was announced that the race would end under yellow.

If they threw a tantrum (along with everything else that wasn't nailed down) as soon as their hero got put to second place, there was going to be no way to restart with all the junk on the track. If they didn't throw the fit until the result was announced, then NASCAR probably blew it because they could have checked the track and gotten a two- or three-lap finish.

Either way, it was a bad way to end the race, and NASCAR is getting some negative publicity for the "controversial" finish. Again.

Crazyhorse-

Lee Petty put Richard in a top ride, and Richard did the same for Kyle, and Kyle for Adam. Most racing dads have done that. Dale didn't do much for any of his racing kids, including Kelly (who might have the most talent in the bunch) and Dale Jr., until they had proved themselves somewhat.

But Davey didn't get a lot of help when he started. Instead, his dad pointed to an old race car in the corner of the shop and said, "If you want to race, fix that up and race it." He may have been born into the Alabama Gang, but he got no free ride. Maybe that's why he has so many fans, even now. Hope you're getting better fast, but please knock off the rain dance...

Lets face it did you see the Busch race Saturday it ended the same way,I assume minus the beer cans.These kind of finishes cannot continue like it has been said and expect people to show up for a race.It could have been one heck of a finish if it would have been restarted.Almost like saying to be continued next season on a TV show.

If Jr had been just that far ahead of Gordon we wouldnt be having this conversation. Instead Gordon's victory is tarnished by a bunch of fans that got out of control. Im just glad Jeff won. When I was at TMS and Daytona there were more Jr. fans than any 2 drivers combined from what I could tell... So of course they will get the blame... Hey Jason BTW... How bout them Yates cars...lol....

Even if Jr. would have won it, im almost possitive that this same conversation would be going on. and as far as gordons win being tarnished.....the only reason he won that race is because of the yellow flag.,...

To all stupid knuckle draging idiots that...

1. Threw stuff,

2. Condones stuff being thrown,

GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SPORT!

Idiots. Every single one of you.

I am absolutely disgusted!

Fans my ass! Morons. Baffoons. No class wastes of skin.

Hey ya dip sticks, I hear there is an english soccer team that needs fans like you. Racing doesn't need you.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

##the veiws expressed in this post are mine, and do not reflect the views of any of my employers. I speak for myself, as a race fan, and a race official.##

Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Sarge?

I am leaving your post up although I must admit I thought about doing some heavy editing. But, you didn't single out any particular person or group for your abuse and your language, although "colorful," is borderline.

Speaking as a race official myself, I certainly do not condone fan behavior that endangers drivers, crew, officials and other fans. But, I would guess that many of the people who threw stuff probably got caught up in the moment and did not think of the possible consequences of their actions. I'm not convinced that they all fit neatly into one of your derogatory categories.

Nick Holt

you seriously didn't expect the 180,000 fans yesterday to just say "aw shucks" and go home

Yes, I do. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

I would guess that many of the people who threw stuff probably got caught up in the moment and did not think of the possible consequences of their actions

Getting caught up in the moment IS NO excuse.

There are ways to express dissapproval with NASCAR that does not involve 1. showing your fat white behind, and 2. doesn't endanger other people.

There is absolutely no excuse for that behavior. None.

What if a kid, as he was leaving with his family, got clocked in the head with a beer can? Yah, that'll show NASCAR.

Morons, idiots, wastes of skin. No sport needs those bottom feeders present.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

P.S. Nick, I edited my original post about 10 times before pushing "submit". That is as "sanitized" as I could make it. I apologize for it causing you problems, but I don't apologize for saying it.

OK Sarge, but remember... I'm a racer and what comes round goes round. Don't be shocked when you stick a microphone in my face and ask for my opinion on something at the track one day.. lol

Nick Holt

Archived