Wx Forecast for THR

Budman

One of the multiple things we looked at in making our decision on the rescheduled date was the ten-day forecast. I can only hope that my sources were right since that's one of the areas I checked! LOL It looks like it will be a perfect day. YES!!!

t-minus 3 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

bring on the sights, sounds, smells, action and excitement!!

oh...and, of course, those beloved sport-mods of mine!!! :wub:

(is it saturday yet?!!?!?!? :):) )

Bump

It is indeed a beautiful day here at Thunderhill Raceway. If you can't make it out to the track, join me on the Lone Star Speedzone Live Update going on right now... Go to the front page of Lone Star Speedzone (Click here) and then click on "Thunderhill Raceway Live Updates, 3/27/10" on the left side of the page.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
:( Sorry I am not going to be there. I am doing very well after getting out last friday but only able to stay up 3 or 4 hours at a time. Would love to watch Robert and Joey race and all my other friends. Nick I will be watching your show. Thanks for all you do for us. Good luck to every one. Be safe!! :rolleyes: P.S. Good news looks like we may be able to go after all. Thanks to all. :rolleyes:

jamie i live at my track in midland and at 9:08pm i know the d.a. is 5254,density is 0.065,rad is 85.4,wind speed 14.5 mph,temp 71.9,hum 64.7,moisture 86.8,dewpoint 59.7 and pressure 26.52 and dropping.i also live in austin, but having a track in the desert,getting to know the weather was a new deal for me and now i track it daily with my own weather station.

This seems to be shaping up a lot like the season opener..One heavy line of storms that is gonna come through and then we are mostly done with except for small lingering light rain...The good news here is that it looks like it will come through several hours earlier than the last storm instead of on the actual morning of the race.

jamie i live at my track in midland and at 9:08pm i know the d.a. is 5254,density is 0.065,rad is 85.4,wind speed 14.5 mph,temp 71.9,hum 64.7,moisture 86.8,dewpoint 59.7 and pressure 26.52 and dropping.i also live in austin, but having a track in the desert,getting to know the weather was a new deal for me and now i track it daily with my own weather station.

At least YOUR weather station is accurate! LOL! :lol:

There are some storms firing up west of Kerrville that will likely start sliding this way once the cool front gets to them...Weather.com and Accuweather.com seem to be calling for these to roll through between 2am and 3am with a chance of smaller showers lingering until 5 or 6. After that it all clears out and it should be sunny all day saturday..Just gotta avoid the heavy rain for tonight.

EDIT: As of 10 PM those storms are developing rapidly..Though in some slight good news they might get here a bit earlier than the weather channel predicted..so I guess the earlier they are through the better.

I think the weather reporters got it right this time. They said the storms would pass through during the night, and it would clear by morning.

I'm in San Marcos now, and the parking lot at the hotel is dry. The sun is already shining brightly . . . let's go racing!!!

Just pulled in at THR. And it's simply a beautiful day. A nice breeze from the Northeast. Not a cloud in the sky. Pits filling fast! I'm on my way down to find Duke O'Connor with TexasHighDef so we can get some footage... be back in a while...

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived