HMP's New Rules

firemdk

So in all the classes I saw the same thing. If you can't pass somone just blatently take them out and go on. Speedfest i.e. Wreckfest holds true in the fact that you had drivers that were flat putting other drivers into the wall to get the position or the win. Lynn Hardy should not have won the truck race by taking out the leader to win. This is a stupid rule and it's going to get alot of equipment torn up that won't be able to be fixed and back on the race track. I don't believe in the all involved rule but if you blatently take someone out then you should goto the back.

OK.. there is some controversy.. but let's take it easy on the rules makers, please.

Thanks.

Nick

I don't have a problem with the rule makers, I don't have a dog in that hunt anymore. I just think this was a show tactic and what were going to end up with no car count because everyone will know if you aren't good enough to pass just put them into the wall and we'll be down one less car at the next race. Their choice.

lynn hardy should have won the truck race and i am lynn hardy i have spoke to jason in person not on the phone we both made a small mistake that cost jason the win i was faster and i have never spun anyone out to win or to pass them. i dont drive that way jason was doin great has had a great truck i am very glad that he did not get torn up i like racing with jason he is one of the best in the trucks. due to the lap car mine and jasons angle into the last turn got a little off jason shut her down to keep it on the bottom. the closing rate was way faster than i would have thought. i of course was totally planning on giving jason a good ole tap but never ever thought he would spin. i have appolgized to jason but i feel like it is both our faults. if you think i just turn people just go ask the schilds. i race hard but i will never turn some one on purpose (unless it is needed for a really good reason) i aint getting a penny of the winnings so dont say its cause i wanted the money. i was junk when i got there fri but due to alot of hard work from alot of people not giving up on me or the truck we got her going............thanks guys..btw stapp and albert and those buzbees and 767 you and jason you guys rock what a blast it is racing with yall.....and btw i have never heard kyle bush dale earnhart jimmie johnson, carl edwards and hundreds of short track racers around the country say "sorry i won" i am sure jason feels like he owes me one. to that i can also say he spun me twice last year... but it is what it is. i have and will always race hard no matter who it is against i dont care what car/truck you drive your gender your race your color religion etc. you got a hemet on your a race car diver period. and i also had the best seat in the house for what happened on -track i personally didnt think i hit jason hard enough to spin him out but we where both on that ragged edge if i screwed up i am sorry but it aint all my fault..thanks lynn

congrats j.t. on getting you that purty speed fest trophie good job...

I am not a fan of the new rule and really like the no fault rule. However, the only people to blame for torn up race cars are the racers themselves. All of this wrecking is not the fault of the track it is the fault of the racers plain and simple. If you are to untalented to be able to move the guy in front of you without wrecking him then guess what dont try it. Unforntunately racers are too stupid to realize that there is a race the week after the one they are currently in. If car counts die out because of torn up equipment it is simply darwins theory of evolution stupid racers that crash will be gone and people who can give and take will remain. This is no more than the argument that guns dont kill people people kill people. Just wait till the retaliations begin. I just wish that the penalty for fighting was not so stiff cause i can afford the dentist but not a new front clip.

I did not see the truck race but I know Lynn he will rattle your cage a little but not take you out. I believe what he says I have seen him race enough to know.

HMP's rules, I believe in all my honesty have put a breath of fresh air into Texas Racing!

I personally walked up to John during the late model race offered my hand & said thank you for what they have done for racing!

I personally feel bad, I ditched helping David load up just to go watch the LM race. I found myself several times jumping to my feet with excitement for the on track action. A majority of the wrecks have 100% to do with racers respecting racers. The part that really sucks is the other cars that get caught up in other peoples issues...

I believe HMP should keep the rules as is, the only stuff that i think should be addressed is Malicious intent & i think they have already spoke that they will when issues come up.

I really hope THR follow's in HMP's footsteps on the Double file restart..

Maybe Brandon should charge for driving lessons on how to get the outside to hook up..

Leader choose'n the outside line on a restart was priceless!!

I agree with abrun.. the only problem is drivers not thinking of how the outcome of their actions on the track will effect car count later on, we all want to win but is it worth tearing this guy's car up knowing he's going to come after you later on ,maybe not the same night but sometime soon. There is no problem as far I'm concerned, remember a while back people were fussin' about the "follow the leader racing", now when someone decides to make a move to pass some people are all upset about it.. go figure... B)

I personally love the double file restarts and the "Pick Your Lane" cone. Makes for some great racing and certainly adds to the excitement and drama for the fans. However, I think the "Wreck 'Em Rule" needs to be revisited. The "All Involed Rule" has the drawback of the innocent party being sent to the back along with the person causing the wreck, while the upside was that people raced cleaner without the punting or banging because they knew they would get punished too...The "Wreck 'Em Rule" just the puntee gets torn up or at the very least sent to the back, while the punter gets a pass. Seems there is a lot more aggressive/kamakazi driving with significantly more equipment being torn up with the new rule. While the double file restarts with the "Pick Your Lane" cone enhance the drama and excitement of the races, the torn up cars from the "Wreck 'Em Rule" can't be good for car counts and race quality in the long run. Graham and John and the Staff put on a heckuva show with an incredible facility, and I thank them for giving us a great place to race.

This is NOT a comment on a particular incident OR class....Just an overall observation.

I thought the cone/double file restarts were great! We didn't take advantage of the outside because we were running a new setup and in practice the car just didn't stick on the outside, but toward the end of the race Jason moved on the outside to pass a car that he got tired of trying to get under. After the pass he said the car stuck like glue...maybe we should try the outside on the next caution. Unfortunately with 10 to go, 2 cars got together ahead of us and we broke a tie rod.

So that brings me to the wreck 'em rule. First of all, it would have been much easier to just move the car we kept trying to get under and with this kind of rule, that's the easy way out. I also hate the all involved rule. In my opinion both of these rules are just the lazy way out for track officials. What ever happened to the idea of tower and corner spotters making a decision? As I've said in another thread, I like watching Madhouse, but I wouldn't want to race there.

Thank goodness most of our damage is just cosmetic and I hope we are never the one that takes someone else out because it's the easy way to move up 1 spot, but it's also disheartening to get collected by 2 others that thought wreck 'em means check your brain/driving skills when the green flag drops.

Now an open word to Graham and John. We are running a limited schedule this year because of the economy and lack of sponsors. If the drivers at HMP can't control themselves and the place starts looking like Madhouse, we'll just park it for the year or pull to the Northeast once or twice again.

This is my opinion. Jason may have a totally different take on it, but with 10 ProLates starting and 5 finishing 2 weeks ago and 20 starting and 11 finishing this week, the trend doesn't look good in my book.

You can make lite of this if you want, but in my opinion, this is a rule that will need to be evaluated and re-evaluated over and over again as the year goes on. This could be very expensive for the racers and ultimately cost the track because of lack of car count and therefore lack of fans. Aaron may have loved seeing fans on their feet, but there won't be fans to be on their feet when there's only 8-10 cars starting the feature come July or August.

If your the guy that is getting dumped there is a reason, If your the one doing the dumping there is a reason. Think about it and and solve your issues on either end, and your car will last, we are on the same body and bumpers and this is the start of the third year!

Now back to the Hot Dogs, HMP WE WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

did somebody say hot dogs? we talking about hot dogs, not burgers, not fries, not nachos, but hot dogs. Not a 3 course meal but hot dogs! come on man hot dogs? hot dogs? you want to talk about hot dogs? for real hot dogs? i mean a good burger and fries is what you work for. but you want to talk about hot dogs? the food made from noses and lips? hot dogs? go head then lets hear it talk about hot dogs. That's why I keep a dollar in my pocket for hot dogs.

Hray, you are spot on the money. Madhouse sells tickets and brings fans. But it does not bring the racers. HMP has the best marketing ideas at any track in Texas with the exception of TMS(yes, that is a compliment to John, and I have said it before). But what they ned to realize is also what you said, there are more races than the one you are running today. Who pays for the cars to be repaired, who pays for the cut tires, who pays for the new bodies, or who pays for the new cars. It sure is not the track, but they do benefit from it being TORN UP. I raced there for 3 years, and only had 2 altercations that caused any major damage to my car, and they were racing incidents. We drove with respect and I learned how to use the outside lane to pass, and we put on some of the best racing HMP has ever seen. Now, drivers don't need to LEARN the outside lane because they can just punt the guy in front and drive under them. I probably could have won more races if we had this rule, but I would have lost more podium spots too. Good luck everyone, hope you find a great body shop to sponsor you, make sure they have a frame machine. Richard Smith in the 11 ans 12 Prostocks is a great body man and painter, he can work magic on tore up cars.

I watched you work that high groove too and it was great. But at the end of the day it is up to racers to control themselves. Everyone needs to have a mirror in their garage now. After you look at the dents on you car then look in the mirror thats the culprate. Look around the drivers meeting too, hte guy who tore your car up is standing right there. I was rammed a few times this weekend by the same car on a restart but when I caught him to pass him I never touched him. If that did not prove my point then next time i will talk with him about it. But I did not retaliate because I used GOOD JUDGEMENT AND RACED! I like the no fault rule but the only difference now is drivers should hold each other accountable. ACCOUNTABILITY IN THIS DAY AND AGE YEAH RIGHT! Now this is for HMP management whats up on the HOT DOGS! 99cent, dont make me change my car number to 99cent i will put a hot dog on my sail panel.

Dog gone it, don't be changing the hot dog price!!! Anybody with me on this? Let's flood the track with demands for $1 hot dogs and ban the $0.99 doggies. I, for one, am going to sign up on LSS with a hundred more screen names to make it look like the whole world want's $1 hot dogs instead of $0.99 hot dogs.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but my wife gives me just enough money to get two hot dogs so she doesn't have to cook the week after the race. So, if you lower the price to $0.99, I'd have to carry a pocket full of change since she only gives me just enough to get two hot dogs. What if I lose a penny on the way to the track? I'd starve for a week! And it would be the track's fault for sure. You don't want that on your chest, now do ya? I thought not.

And don't edit me, Nick, I'm not bitching or stirring the pot because I didn't use anyone's actual name. And besides that it's all true so calling the track managers a bunch of dingbat idiots is OK, right?

LOL

Nick

Funny the most of the people that are talking stuff, are the people that do not even race out at the track, I think the racing was some of the best I have seen at the track. And it puts the racing back in the hands of the people who it belongs to, the drivers they will take care of it, there was no cars tore up because of anything done on purpose, everytime someone lets say RUBS someone, you will here that is because of the rule change, come on lets just race. Oh and .99 cent Beer would be nice to.

If your talking about me sir, you would have found me at HMP doing setup and spotting on the #3 Blue Moon Motorsports Enty this weekend..

Thx

AB

Funny the most of the people that are talking stuff, are the people that do not even race out at the track, I think the racing was some of the best I have seen at the track. And it puts the racing back in the hands of the people who it belongs to, the drivers they will take care of it, there was no cars tore up because of anything done on purpose, everytime someone lets say RUBS someone, you will here that is because of the rule change, come on lets just race. Oh and .99 cent Beer would be nice to.

Archived