Corvette racer at CC Speedway

Brad1964

Does anyone remember a fiberglass bodied corvette (or looked like it to me) that raced one time at CC Speedway? If I remember right, it was a purple or deep blue. It was having trouble the 1st time I saw it run and ran a lot of practice laps with the hood off. Didn't know if someone had any pics of it. Must have been the late 70s or early 80s.

I believe Crazy's car was indeed a Camaro. I do remember Monty having a Vette or Vette bodied car that was white in color. Seems like I remember him having motor problems one night with the hood off and may have even left and changed a motor and got back before the feature. I think he may have even won the race or finished pretty high too

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, Rick,

Yes, they are coming, probably this weekend. Don't think I told ya I had to re-scan about half of them due to a computer glitch. New computer fixed that problem, and I am fixing to update the old one to Windows 7. Bill Gates can take his Vista and stick it up...........

When ya coming South again?

Here are a couple quick pics of CC cars. The 74 is Bruce Sanders, the 1 is Lawrence Mikulencak. Sanders is the Corvette body, maybe LM also.

The corvette was basically a dirt car body. Used sparingly by asphalt racers.

post-21-1270691584.jpg

post-21-1270691596.jpg

post-21-1270691609.jpg

I Believe these pictures were taken in 1982. The #1 car is James Mikulencek. Lawrence was in the #17.

James won the late model championship in 1981 and Bruce was the late model champ in 82. Hightech I may

be wrong but I don't think they dug the mud hole until Dickenson took over the track in 83 or 84.

I Believe these pictures were taken in 1982. The #1 car is James Mikulencek. Lawrence was in the #17.

James won the late model championship in 1981 and Bruce was the late model champ in 82. Hightech I may

be wrong but I don't think they dug the mud hole until Dickenson took over the track in 83 or 84.

yep i think you are right ...those lights were for the dirt bike track ... man was frank realy mad when they flattened out that bike track .. i back field the first set of mud pits next to the road after frank took it back and dug the others where the pit gate is now with a scraper ......

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Here are a couple quick pics of CC cars. The 74 is Bruce Sanders, the 1 is Lawrence Mikulencak. Sanders is the Corvette body, maybe LM also.

The corvette was basically a dirt car body. Used sparingly by asphalt racers.

post-21-1270691584.jpg

post-21-1270691596.jpg

post-21-1270691609.jpg

I dont remember lawrence ever driving the #1 pretty sure that was always his dad james

Archived