Flipper Simulator Road Tour

blaylock7b

I have been in contact with Paul from the Ryan Bard Safety Foundation and a few owners/promoters, and we are looking into getting the simulator to a few tracks. I-37 is on the list of stops, but only if there is a sufficient demand. We'd love to get it there, but we can't do it for 1 or 2 people. So what do you say? We'd do it on a regular race night, be there all night, and probably do a run or two on the front straight during intermission for the fans, and a practice run for the safety crew. We did that in McAllen for the Nationals and it was a great learning tool for everyone. What are your thoughts?

:rolleyes: Reb, I was noticing(in my feverish little way) that if you had posted on here once a day, every day of the year (not counting leap years), you would have been posting for 20 years and 9 months, or about the same age as my couch. Not bad, my friend, not bad.....

Thank you Doc, for breaking ground for us, we want to make it happen too.

LMAO @ Paul :lol:

You have cabin fever out there or what?......You shoulda been in Abilene for the Icebreaker....Lots of them "yankees" to show your simulator to....Oh wait, I'm a yankee too..... :o

Cabin fever is an understatement!!!!!!! Our track in Aztec is tied up in BS litigation, none of us know if we're even going to have a season here. Flipr has a lot of support here, and I hope to get it back from you Texans at some point to do a couple of upgrades, and stuff our locals in there. I didn't get to do much of that before we hauled it to Big T! I am VERY excited to get it out and on the road again, we've gotten some good exposure and now more people know what it's for and why. I really appreciate folks like you who step up, step in, and support this project. Sponsorships are available, and I believe there are companies out there that want their names associated with driver safety. I, like many, also appreciated the updates from the IceBreaker, I'm tickled you were able to make that happen for us!

reb i did it the hard way and hope others can learn before they have do go thru the real thing but at my age and size nit sure the hour glass would be long enought ha ha but then again i might be willing to up against you i might be able to kill a few drainks before you make it out. lol all in fun but i like you would like to see all racers learn what they can from this

Hey James this is a good idea . I think this would be a great thing to do. It will help the safety crews/ ems out . It will also help the drivers out . Never been in the situation befor but think it would be inportant to learn how to excape the car in case of emergence.I am for this and will take my tune in the simulator and try to get others to try also.

Archived