Car color

97car

What is your favorite race car color? I am thinking about re-painting mine which is currently blue with white numbers, have thought about black, but after damn near running into a black car in front of me at THR in Octobe while coming out of the pits, I may re-think that thought, however tire marks won't show as bad. This will still have to be a economy paint job.

The Air Force did a study in the '50's to determine the most visible color - day or nite. Yellow was determined to be the most visible. Then they developed a color that was even more visible...."Day Glow Orange", which during peacetime is on every military aircraft.

We quit painting our cars all black when, while spotting, I kept losing it on the track. We now try to have no more than 50% of the car black, with the top surfaces a bright color (orange on the current car).

I have thought about a prange color like a friend of mine had back in the 80s, but with the Yorktown guys that may make too many orange cars, may take you up on the offer TPS48, by the way that was Southwest Blue not NAPA blue. May be a Loews paint color about $15 a gallon plus mineral spirits.

I have thought about a prange color like a friend of mine had back in the 80s, but with the Yorktown guys that may make too many orange cars, may take you up on the offer TPS48, by the way that was Southwest Blue not NAPA blue. May be a Loews paint color about $15 a gallon plus mineral spirits.

Prange.

Now thats a pretty cool color.

I like Yellow, but I've never had a yellow car... go figure.

I painted the Toyota red with a white roof this season to make it more visible. I noticed in photos from 2009 that the red with black hood and deck wasn't all that visible.

I also dig white, and this year I will have a white theme on the new truck.

Prange, huh? Is that really a color??? :blink:

I like Yellow, but I've never had a yellow car... go figure.

I painted the Toyota red with a white roof this season to make it more visible. I noticed in photos from 2009 that the red with black hood and deck wasn't all that visible.

I also dig white, and this year I will have a white theme on the new truck.

Prange, huh? Is that really a color??? :blink:

you messed me up ...if some have not seen your car ..they maybe be lost ...it has a new look ....chevyota........ all those autographs are gone ...all those stickers you had are gone .....but it looked good ...-++++++++++++++++++ just take some time toget use to it ..it was hard picking you out even when you were by yourself .lol............................ 97 what ever you paint it .im sure it will look good ...

Nick,

I was just going to post some pictures of cars that really stand out on the track.

One thing we figured out a long time ago---just because it looks good in the shop, doesn't mean it will look good under stadium lights at 50 yards away.

some look better at 50 yds away. :lol:

Archived