Is the damage done or can it be undone

abrungot

NA$CAR announced changes for the Daytona 500* From NACAR.COM

Among the changes:

• Bump-drafting rules will be eliminated at Daytona and Talladega Superspeedway. Teams also will use a bigger restrictor plate at Daytona.

Eliminating bump-drafting rules puts responsibility for on-track moves squarely back in drivers' hands. Larger restrictor plates give drivers more horsepower.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/...cing/index.html

No..they will just go back to blaming each other. I can’t remember the last time a driver accepted responsibility for something stupid they did on the track…. and meant it.

When a driver loses control for no apparent reason, they blame the car. When a driver wrecks during an attempt to block, they blame the other driver. When a driver wrecks because all the cars are running door to door and nose to tail, they blame the rules.

Daytona and Dega are going to be business as usual, they are just gonna be going faster when they run into each other.

Edited by direct-flo

well heck ..we complain cuz of the rules .and complain cuz they drop the rules .....i dont want anycar up in the stands .no one will .. but the dangers of racen there has always been there .fans that go to the races knows there is always that chance .... drivers know there is always that danger factor .... i go to local racetracks and always in the back of my mind .shallow as it may seem .knowing the dangers ...... we sat just a few feet from where gordan nailed the turn one wall on the second lap at texas ..in 98 ...so close felt the impact and felt the wind off his car ..he hit right at out feet ..lucky nothing came flying off .. those seats were great and wished i could have got em the next year ..

well, i for one, am glad to see the changes implemented...at least there will be excitement back on the tracks. (that's not to say i'm looking for wrecks, or anyone harmed) it will be nice to see the drivers doing what they are supposed to be doing...DRIVING!! and, it will show more who actually has real skill out there.

like the writer of the story on nascar.com said: it's in ur hands now, boys...try not to wreck it.

will be interesting to see how this all plays out....

it will be interesting to see how many more rpm's are turned and how many motors actually survive 500 miles. only giving motor builders 3 weeks? a racer at every level will tell you they want more , and fan or not of nascar there are no chicken sh-ts at that level.

When a driver loses control for no apparent reason, they blame the car. When a driver wrecks during an attempt to block, they blame the other driver. When a driver wrecks because all the cars are running door to door and nose to tail, they blame the rules.

And how does that differ from what goes on at the local tracks?

Oh!!! We have a winner!!!!

We all know the similarities. You did ask how it differs from the local track…how many millionaire drivers run locally?

You would think they would carry themselves differently. I guess it’s no different than any other sport with over paid and under skilled athletes. When you become a superstar then it’s okay to lose your mental function and step into your own reality.

We all know the similarities. You did ask how it differs from the local track…how many millionaire drivers run locally?

You would think they would carry themselves differently. I guess it’s no different than any other sport with over paid and under skilled athletes. When you become a superstar then it’s okay to lose your mental function and step into your own reality.

Most or all of them that might be millionaires got there by driving cars in circles, the same as the non millionaires in every short track in America. They should carry themselves as the person they are and race hard. That is what the American racing fans are screaming for and for the most part what these racers do. Overpaid? I totally agree but find it funny that a racer would say that. Stick and ball fans consider racing being full of non or underskilled athletes that are overpaid. True race fans and drivers that participate normally disagree with that opinion. How many local or even national drivers that participate at their area local short tracks would give their left arm to be a part of Nascar? Answer: All of them that think they could compete given the chance. The ones that dont usually bitch about the stars of the sport that they themselves are supposedly passionate about. Go figure

Edited by champ1796

“Overpaid? I totally agree but find it funny that a racer would say that.” Why?

Because like I said, most would give their left arm to be in that same position. Being overpaid to do something they love doing.

Who doesn't want to make the most possible money...When you get to the top of your game does that mean act like a crying idiot?

“Overpaid? I totally agree but find it funny that a racer would say that.” Why?

Because like I said, most would give their left arm to be in that same position. Being overpaid to do something they love doing.

does one think its just jealousy

jealous of the money being made or the fools they make of themselves when playing the blame game.

jealous of the money being made or the fools they make of themselves when playing the blame game.

..let me see //this looks like a loaded question or questions with with a complicated answer ......which way do i want to go with this ....easy .the answer to both is .......BOTH ...

It happens on the local level, these guys are human too. People want them to react instead of be robots then bitch when they do. They get microphones stuck in their face not long after getting out of the car. After a crash, a win, a mistake or whatever and they react. Sometimes not in the best way but again they are human. Take a camera person and a microphone out to the local short tracks each week and stick that mic in their face after an incident. Chances are it wont be pretty and maybe even childish at times. Why should Nascar drivers be any different?

Take a camera person and a microphone out to the local short tracks each week and stick that mic in their face after an incident. Chances are it wont be pretty and maybe even childish at times. Why should Nascar drivers be any different?

eXactly,,,,,i'm quilty of doing it and will prolly do it alot more before i'm done racing. it happens. i'll say this for most of them (nascar drivers) they are alot more reformed then me , because if my paycheck depended on it instead of just my 'want' i would more than likely be locked up after some races.

i agree, we want them to show more emotion and not act like puppets 1. because that is how we would probably act in that situation. 2. because, i don't care who you are and you can deny the fact but we all love drama and watching somebody show their ass and make a fool of themselves is sooooo much better than hearing "well i know he didn't mean to." but then when they do re-act we crucify them? i'm guilty of that as well, watching it on t.v. or watching it right in front of me at a local track.

this is an emotional sport. if you lack it then you are in it for the wrong reasons or running in the back.

-jmo

So if you lack emotion then you’re running in the back…now that’s funny. Not sure of what somebody’s idea of running in the back is, but those drivers are full of emotion or else they wouldn’t be at the track race after race.

Could you imagine the car count if the ones running in the back (the non-emotional ones) decided to quit racing every time something came up that they didn’t like.

Like Aaron said: Eliminating bump-drafting rules puts responsibility for on-track moves squarely back in drivers' hands. Larger restrictor plates give drivers more horsepower.

The drivers are running out of things to place the blame on….It’s going to be fun and should make for some good racing.

i gave two (2) reasons for lacking emotion.......and you took offense to one (1) ?

jmo at the bottom of my post meant just that. now science went into it , now research and study, no government money. if you don't agree with it, take flight. if you take offense of it man up and change the reasons my opinion effects you.