Winter Series

Need more details on this upcoming Winter Series.

1. Will there be a points fund?

2. What is the weekly payout?

3 What is the entrance fee to race for car and driver

4. With extra classes recently added what is the start time. I've got a 3 hour drive and don't want to get home when the sun's coming up.

Big Mike

Is that 50$ each week for car and driver plus pit crue. If so i guess i will keep both of my cars at home. I only raced there one time last year and had pland on making the 150 mile drive every week this year . well guess you all are on the same page as enda. guess i stay and run in houston

WELL, what do you suggest? I'm curious to hear what you have to say. Is the racing in Houston free? If so I'm heading that way...

well racing at SOS is pretty much free, I always got back what I paid for entry, unless you count fuel and other expenses. However I didnt see that at other tracks where if you didnt place in the top ten then you got a thanks for coming.

In houston and all the other tracks i have been to you pay 25 reg the first time you race and 25 pit. Then every other time you come it is 25 for your pit pass witch makes it a little eazyer when you have 1 girl friend 2 kids and your self that there is a 100 just to get in. That is no gas no food drinks and if you dont brake any thing. I did not mean to start any thing just need to know sorry

marcus

In houston and all the other tracks i have been to you pay 25 reg the first time you race and 25 pit. Then every other time you come it is 25 for your pit pass witch makes it a little eazyer when you have 1 girl friend 2 kids and your self that there is a 100 just to get in. That is no gas no food drinks and if you dont brake any thing. I did not mean to start any thing just need to know sorry

marcus

Just think if you have 3 Girl friends with 3 kids ...Could really get expensive,

Just Joking

WELL, what do you suggest? I'm curious to hear what you have to say. Is the racing in Houston free? If so I'm heading that way...

As others have stated, no it's not (free), but entry seems to be less expensive at the Houston areas tracks than at either Edna and/or Goliad.

For the 3 Houston area tracks where I've raced, each require a once per year $25 registraton, than a $25 entry each week that I race.

And I believe the minimum pay for last place in any class was $25 (someone will, I'm sure, correct me if I'm wrong on this).

For the 3 Houston area tracks where I've raced, each require a once per year $25 registraton, than a $25 entry each week that I race.

And I believe the minimum pay for last place in any class was $25 (someone will, I'm sure, correct me if I'm wrong on this).

If that's the case, then it's all a wash / equal As I recall from last season, SOS required a one time registration fee of $25. Pit passes for others or crew was $25. Racer pit pass/racer fee was $50, with a minimum of a $50 payback..... In that case, it's all a wash.

I know one thing for a fact, they paid a very generous purse to the jr. mini's. I recognize the minis are not running in the winter series, but SOS was paying $100 to jr. minis with a good pay down thru the field, when at many tracks the jr. mini's are a trophy class. That payout is generous and appreciated by the teens.

JMO, but when crunching the numbers for a winter series, which I would not anticipate a huge number of general admission fans in the grand stand, I think one of the first things the track has to consider is the business costs for running the program (staffing, insurance, staff, equipment/maintenance, etc), creating the purse, and then the fees for entry. The track can't run their program in a manner that doesn't generate revenue, and must treat this like every business does by focusing on the bottom line.

If the entry fee was $25 which included the race fee and the payback was $25, I suppose it would all be even. For me, a track is gonna make me most happy when they are making business decisions that looks at their sustainability for the future.

Here is my take...its the same thing as saying something is 1.99$ they want you to mentally think,,,hey,,its only a buck.... when really its twice that....25 extra entry fee just feels like a gimmick...nothing personal...if we get 25$ extra at the back gate...then it seems like a waste to give you 25$ just to have you give it back to me at the end of the night... I personally dont have an issue with entry fees...but I would prefer the old way (no entry fee). But, with an exception...if your driving 2 cars...then you would have a 25$ fee for the second car... we raced a 5,000$ to win race in arklatex with no entry and normal pit pass prices...when I asked him (the promoter Gene boyter)how he did it....he said...the entry at other big shows are just for show...you pay a big entry...then they pay back to b mains and some non qualifiers...he said his way everyone gets a break...(only feature paid) oh well either way...it costs way to much and the purse will never cover the expenses...AJ

I saw someone say that racers would race for $1.00, if you don't believe this look at all the grudge matches, king of the hill etc that pay nothing, guess my point is that if you need to lower the payout to do away with the weekly registration than i think you will have a better count. I know I have been wanting to make the pull down there with my imca stuff, knowing this i know I don't stand a chance at winning, i just want to have fun, charge me an extra $25.00 everytime and I probably won't make it with either car. I think a one time registration fee and then $25.00 is pretty standard, I-37 has $40.00 for car and driver......

Here is my take...its the same thing as saying something is 1.99$ they want you to mentally think,,,hey,,its only a buck.... when really its twice that....25 extra entry fee just feels like a gimmick...nothing personal...if we get 25$ extra at the back gate...then it seems like a waste to give you 25$ just to have you give it back to me at the end of the night... I personally dont have an issue with entry fees...but I would prefer the old way (no entry fee). But, with an exception...if your driving 2 cars...then you would have a 25$ fee for the second car... we raced a 5,000$ to win race in arklatex with no entry and normal pit pass prices...when I asked him (the promoter Gene boyter)how he did it....he said...the entry at other big shows are just for show...you pay a big entry...then they pay back to b mains and some non qualifiers...he said his way everyone gets a break...(only feature paid) oh well either way...it costs way to much and the purse will never cover the expenses...AJ

if you go here you will see the pay out for battleground. That is you pay 25 for you and car each week and that is how it is at most tracks If you drive two class you pay 50 But hey you do what makes you happpy

http://battlegroundspeedway.net/Pay_Out.html

So let's make this easy and let the promotor "promote" their/his product: if I make the pull to SOS, what do I get for the $25 more that I pay to run at their track?

No malicious intent here, I would just like to know.

Thanks

Weekly payout for which class?

Super Stock.... ;)

As per Laurie, the payouts for the classes that are running are to be the same as last years season.

so what is the pay out it not on the web page or maybe im missing it please help me see it

let someone know what class your running and im sure they'll help :blink:

Paying $25 up front and getting $25 at the end of the night is exactly the same as $paying $50 up front and getting $50 at the end of the night. Where are ya'll seeing a problem in this.

Brian correct me if I'm wrong, the only time you don't get money back is if you get disqualified - and with the higher entry fee would be incentive enough not to cheat or drive to rough for this to happen.

Archived