Different Speedways in Tx

Kimmigo5

Hello.

I am new here, and I would like to say that some of the old stories and the history of the tracks and drivers you guys write are really phenomenal to read. need some help please.

During the 1960's and 1970's there was a man who performed at various speedways but quote a lot in Tx. He was not necessarily a driver, but rather had his own "show". He was a stuntman who crashed cars and did other various stunts either during the intermission of all the races, or at the very end.

His name was Ron "Crash" Wilson, and his show during the '60's was called Crash and his "Rebel Hell Drivers". He performed with his wife Janie. During the '70's however the show was just "Crash Wilson".

Some of his stunts were the ice wall crash, doulble ice wall crash, human battering ram, jumping over buses into catch cars, and something he dreamed up called "the Coffin Crash" --just to name a few... :D (I swear the man was crazy)

I know he performed at Meyers Speedway, and I don't know the specific names of the speedways, but in areas like Grand Prarie, San Antonio, Dallas, and some of the other bigger areas.

Primarily, I am looking for someone who might know anything about an event that took place at Meyers Speedway in Sept. of 1968. He was supposed to perform on Sept. 14th but the show got rained out and was then scheduled for the 21st. The reason it was so big, was because "Crash" and his wife were performing one of the 1st ever Head-on collisions at 60mph

If there is any information, anyone can provide on the man, or remember him performing or really anything... it would be great. He was my Grandfather, and I am trying to find various things on his stunts, performances, and so forth.

Thank you. I appreciate it greatly.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Thank you to everyone who looked at this thread.

I'm quite surprised there were no responses, but I guess it never hurts to throw something out there, to see if anyone might know of it.

If is anybody has idea where I could go to find information on this, it would be great. thanks.

Be patient. Often when questions arise on here about specific people or events in racing history, it takes awhile, but often as not, sooner or later someone will come along who remembers something. Its just not everybody who gets on here does so every day or every week.

budman is correct ..takes time ..budman was the first person to help me when i first came on ....... seems to me like they performed at cc speedway way back ..i remember the ice crashes... and remember when they crashed head on at 60 mph ......so i suppose it was those two .......69 or 70 sometime around there ..been to long ...

Archived