David Mackey-TPS Race Director

TPS names David Mackey New Race Director & Inspector

David Mackey of Austin, Texas has been named as the new Texas Pro Sedans Race Director and Inspector for all 2010 TPS series races at CC Speedway and Thunderhill Raceway.

Mackey has been a past TPS Driver, full-time TPS Technical Inspector and a part-time TPS Technical Inspector over the past 20 years. In accepting the Texas Pro Sedans Race Directorship, Mackey said, "I have been connected with the Texas Pro Sedans for many years and have remained an enthusiastic supporter of the 35 year old four cylinder stock car series".

Mackey’s duties will be mainly concerned with race direction and technical inspection of TPS cars and race day activities at scheduled tracks during the 2010 racing season.

Mackey has also been a race official at such tracks as Longhorn Speedway in Austin and Texas World Speedway when working on the Texas Race of Champions staff. He also has been a race official at Thunderhill Raceway in Kyle, Texas where he will continue staff duties.

As announced at the TPS Awards Dinner on November 15, 2009, former TPS Race and Administrative Director for 34 years, Neil Upchurch has remained with the Texas Pro Sedans as the Administrative Director. His duties will mainly be concerned with the functioning of the TPS Office duties, responsibilities and activities.

This News Release from:

Neil Upchurch

TPS Administrative Director

Wow! Talk about a hat trick.. Neil, Congratulations on recruiting David to the post. I am sure he will be all TPS needs and more to keep going.

David,

Thank you for taking this on, I felt bad about not being able to continue. I feel much better knowing TPS is in such good hands.

Jack

Archived