CC Speedway 5-27-95 video

RichardFord

`I cant get the race to run with my slow dial up so I have no idea about it.

I do remember David Lenard in the 6 car,a blue Pinto running fast in 93 when I came to CC several times to watch and learn.I witnessed the ordeal in the pits about the lifter deal when several of you guys wanted him DQed from the championship because of it.I had no idea what you guys were talking about but Donnie flat said this was not the reason he won and refused the DQ.Now I tend to agree considering there was no head work allowed like porting,gasket matching or aftermarket heads.I was looking foreward to racing him but he quit after that.Wonder why.

While on memory lane,I remember my first race with the original Scirroco.I was so excited to finish 5th.I was nervious because in all the races I watched in 93 eather Horton or Wassick broke off the RF wheel at the hub.I remember thinking I really made a bad choice of car,a FWD was a terrible choice because of heavy RF loading.Eventually I made it to a 2nd place car but couldnt beat Horton.Finally ratdaddy gave me the info I needed to make it fast.Racing back then was fun and affordable.The biggest cost was the tires.I cashed in 500$ worth of quarters to buy 5 tires.

My brother Austin did become a good wheel man but it was a learned thing,not necessarly a born talent. lol. When he was about 15 I was teaching him how to powerslide around a turn on dirt roads.Run into the turn with a lot of speed,downshift and tap the the brakes at the same time to lock the brakes and kick out the rear end then nail the gas and drive off the inside R.We called it powersliding but today its called drifting.Anyway we came to a great S turn and I was coaching him step by step,when to lift,when to shift,turn and gas.We made a beautiful right turn then set up for the lefthander.Just before the shift part he panicked and locked the brakes.We went into the ditch,made half the turn then rolled over on the roof.He looked at me and said OOPS.I made him sit with the car but I had to walk 8 miles to get a truck to roll it back over.I dont think he ever was panicked by speed again.

gb the lifter part came around cuz david had problems popping the tops off the stock 2.3 hydraulic lifters ..as was the case with stock lifters then ..even scott had that problem ..so i told scott we were running anti pump up lifters. in which fixed that problem .less likely to lose one ...david didnt want to go that way .so he changed from hyd head to solid at the track that night ..the rules were no solid .unless it was factory ..only the 2.0 was factory.. in which was a german motor ..not ford ..the argument was , if a 2.0 ford motor which i said was german .could have em .why not a 2.3....ford motor ... that rule came into effect when we rebuilt the class in late 89 ..why .saved money .plus rpm ....it cost alot back then to add solids .you had to have special work done to the head in order to run em .... plus you had to run a cam for em .hydraulic cams would go flat the first night ..it had nothing to do with how fast or how many races david won ..or where he was in points .we didnt care ...as in the class didnt care ... .plus he could not pull the vacume he was suppose to ..but everyone else was running what the rules stated .but one lone ranger rides in .and the whole class was what i called ruined that night ..for one person .15 or so lost ,, hence the next year it went back to all out ..and the class started dieing again .......and has never had the car count again like we had then ...consistence count ...\

yea the night im talking about made a lot of people mad cause gary was tech man at the time and he said david was illegal the harold came over and he said he was illegal even donnie jr said he was illegal but then donnie sr overruled everyone

ten four good buddy ....thats the night we are talking aboult ..

mike the cage in the 25 is from jeff rhodes 45 james said the cage from johnsons car used to be at x house off skipper

ok . jeff and i built that cage the same time i built what is now lisa.s also at the same time we were helping gary build his car ........ being the x house ..its probably beside his old shop .rusted out ........ makes me laugh alittle ..... how those cages are still around ..

I still have my outlaw mini that I build for McAllen,raced at Riverside,winning the championship in 1985,then raced at CC Speedway in 1987.Its a wedge like the dirt lates were with a big sideboard.

With the 10"wheels and McCreary tires,I never used brakes going into the turn.What G force.

I still have my outlaw mini that I build for McAllen,raced at Riverside,winning the championship in 1985,then raced at CC Speedway in 1987.Its a wedge like the dirt lates were with a big sideboard.

With the 10"wheels and McCreary tires,I never used brakes going into the turn.What G force.

dang ....i remimber that car ..ugly but ran fast ..

• 2 weeks later...

Heck i bet if.... I know you aren't a V8 person but you put a fiberglass roof on that one and clean it up a little bit that would make a badass dirt latemodel i was thinking about that when we were picking up the Eclipse...LOL Hey gb is the car spose to go runnnn da da da.... At 9,000 rpms? Were tryin to bend the mufflers a little bit so it will sound like RUNNN MMMIIIKKKEEEE... that is if he gets a front runner... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived