New entry in the DFW trade show!

RBSF

The racing community will have yet another opportunity to see and utilize the Ryan Bard Safety Foundation Race Car Roll Over Simulator at the up and coming 20th Annual Texas Racers Auction and Trade Show that will be showcased on December 18th and 19th, 2009. The show will be held in the huge Dallas Market Hall. The address is 2200 Stemmons Freeway ( I-35 ) in the downtown Dallas area. Show hours will be from 6:00pm - 10:00pm on Friday. 8:30am - 8:00pm on Saturday.

The Ryan Bard Safety Foundation has been organized after the tragic loss of a New Mexico Limited Modified racer that lost his life while racing here in Texas. The foundation has several goals in mind and at the fore front is education to safety for race competitors. The roll over simulator has been designed and built in the state of New Mexico and has toured several racing events already in Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. The display has made appearences at Kennedale Speedway Park, 85 Speedway, Rio Grande Speedway, Heart O Texas Speedway, Abileen Speedway, Grand Prairie Speedway, Smiley's Racing locations and other visits to various venues here in Texas alone.

All of this is made possible by volunteers that have donated thier time to this good cause. Without these donations of time and money, the simulator would be a lost cause. As a example of what a donation can do..., Grand Prairie Speedway's track promoter's personal money donation made it possible for the simulator to make it to it's next destination. His donation alone made a huge difference in what the very next step would be taken for the simulator. The Ryan Bard Foundation Race Car Roll Over Simulator is for the racing community and depends on the race community to keep it going. Please help with your pocket change donation or large donation to keep it available to you all. The foundation needs it and depends on it.

The roll over simulator travels neighborhood streets, main streets, highways, country roads and interstates as it goes from one appearence to the next. With it's available advertising space, this is a great opportunity for a business to enjoy the use of a MOBILE BILLBOARD for increasing business awareness levels, product / service sales and levels. AND, at the same time give a business a chance to do something as a contributor to the racing community. The advertising costs are very reasonable. The cost is calulated by the size of the advertising measurements. Private mesage us to find out more details if you have a intrest in this advertising opportunity.

The simulator is currently in south Texas. The simulator will soon return to Dallas for a sprucing up of new body panels and more. It is currently looking into making appearences at the Chili Bowl Event in January and has three other requests for appearences at major events. Thousands of miles traveling as a mobil billboard and as a stationary billboard at events attended by thousands of potential consumers. The simulator has done plenty. But it's goals have yet to be completed. Help to make it possible by giving the simulator a try as a useful learning experience and also as a supporter of the Foundation.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you and see you some time.

All American Motorsports "TRACK ANNOUNCER"

Thanks for the nice write-up Douglas! What you're doing is an example of how volunteering works. I'm going to flesh that out a bit, in case there is any doubt. This cause is 100% volunteer, NOBODY gets paid, period. The funds raised are for immediate expenses, and future plans, no wages or golden parachutes. We have a long way to go and a lot to do, if it weren't for fine folks helping me out this device would be parked in my yard here in Aztec because I'm out of vacation to donate to move it around the fine state of Texas.

Doug also mentioned that Flipr is a rolling billboard. Right now it's a rolling BLANK billboard. I believe businesses will want their name associated with safety AND racing, this pretty much rolls that up and puts a bow on it for business exposure.....

Hold on, is that my phone ringing?!?

How much?? Wow, thanks! OK, we'll get that graphic right on there before the Trade Show.

Paul

Ryan Bard Safety Foundation

What's YOUR life worth?

http://www.racinwithneal.com/

RBSF

• 2 weeks later...

Brenda....This would be a great learning experience, even for AJ.....Paul is a super guy and the simulator is a great tool in preparing for the unexpected. I even took a turn in it....16 seconds(which is slow compared to some.)

The Young Guns series director, Tony Hernandez, made it MANDATORY for all his kids before they could race in Abilene. Personally I think ALL tracks/series should make it mandatory for ALL drivers and it amazes me that so many drivers are scared of it.

It doesn't hurt....unless it's pride for being so slow......But if someone can't get out in a reasonable time, they REALLY need more practice. Since it's nearly impossible to practice being upside down on on the side I just don't understand why more won't give it a try.

Paul has put a lot into this(heart, money, time, effort) asking only for donations to cover current expenses....and for those that don't know Paul would have been Ryan's father-in-law. :(

Yessir Reb, and I'm beginning to think that folks aren't seeing the VALUE in practicing for an event that probably won't happen to them. Will you roll your race car? Probably at some point in your racing career. Will your car catch fire with you in it? Probably not. I understand that, and am profoundly glad that improvements have been made to prevent or respond to fires. But they still happen. Rollovers happen weekly. Fire/EMS crews still make mistakes in judgement, drivers still have as cheap safety equipment as legal, equipment still breaks or malfunctions, and sooner or later it's going to affect someone. Like me. Like you.

Ryan had excellent safety gear, and still died. Why? Lot's of reasons, but one major cause was the steering wheel. I go over a sequence with everyone that gets in the unit: Steering wheel, window net, harness. Then I explain why, then I repeat it. Then I roll and bounce you around a bit and tell you GO. The veterans, the experienced guys have proven to be more likely to forget some aspect than the newer, more nervous driver. Why is that? So who actually learned more from the experience? I absolutely guarantee BOTH have learned!

I know, from all the conversations while hanging out around the device, that there is more to be learned here than just how long it takes to get out of an upside-down simulator. Belts have hung up, neck restraints have hung up, nets have stuck, steering wheel won't come off(especially by itself!), people have exited through the windshield(which you can't do in your own car). And there is one common theme: it's harder than it looks.

When you race, you have some incentives: To win (it's funner than not winning and it pays better) To go fast in a car and not worry about a speeding ticket (How cool is THAT!) Adrenaline( still legal in most states)

So what would be the incentive to go to the trouble of strapping into this simulator thingy? Maybe I need to ask your family.......

Upcoming venues:

Dallas Trade Show/Auction, December 18-19

Tulsa-Chili Bowl, Jan 11-16

TMS-Feb

If you are interested in having this device at your facility, now is the time to get on the schedule.

If you would like to advertise, now is the time before we hit all these major events.

If you represent safety products, we are happy to display them with the device and will route potential customers your way.

PM me or email xtotech2002@yahoo.com.

Texas is a BIG state, and to make arrangements for appearences takes some time, so let me know!

Archived