Labonte 2010

Modracer

Saw this on Jayski.com

Stavola back in NASCAR? MORE: Friday's Sports Business Daily is reporting - Semi-retired driver Terry Labonte and former team owner Bill Stavola are both getting back into NASCAR full-time as co-owners of a new race organization. StavolaLabonte Racing will field cars in the Sprint Cup Series, possibly next year, with Labonte driving initially.(Sports Business Daily, need subscription)(10-9-2009)

MORE: Former NASCAR Sprint Cup champion [1984, 1996] Terry Labonte, who is preparing to run his fifth race of the season this weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway, hopes to compete in as many as eight to 10 events in 2010. Labonte as back this weekend in the #08 Carter/Simo Toyota, which is running a partial schedule this year. Labonte finished 24th in the Daytona 500 for Prism Motorsports and has run three races this year for Carter/Simo Racing. "If I end up running some more races next year, I felt like there are some tracks I haven't been to in years, and I don't have as much experience in these cars," said the 52-year-old Labonte. "If I run eight, 10 races next year, I need to get as many laps as I can. I've got to learn as much as I can about these cars." Labonte said he and former car owner Billy Stavola have tossed around the idea about starting a team. "He's a good guy and was in the sport for a long time and had a good reputation," Labonte said. "He would be a good guy to be associated with. We're kind of kicking around the idea. On the one hand, it's the perfect time to get in because you would be able to hire people today that you would not have had a chance two years ago. On the other side of the coin, I've never seen it so hard on the sponsorship side." As far as running a full season, Labonte said he doesn't think he has it in him. As far as the remainder of this year goes, Labonte said if the team has a good run in the NASCAR Banking 500 this weekend, he might run the car again later this year.(SceneDaily)(10-22-2009)

i didnt race a car for a few years ..i get in em every once in a while.. got my first win this year in over 8 years .,.forgot what it felt like .....terry who said he wasnt going to own a team .or race anymore ..reminds me of me .and alot of others .....un like martin .. i dont think terry has it in him to go out and race like he would need to to get a win ..... and why just go around the track .............. but i can be wrong ...terry can do that by winning a race ..me i think he would be better in nationwide ...hell lol im just a flunky .....what do i know .. go terry ......on second thought ..maybe the sponsors or car owners are looking for the older drivers ..look at martin ..

i have been a fan of terrys starting the first day he raced full time at cc ...standing at the pit box with melton and stapleing pit passes on everyone comeing in ..some drivers said watch out for that punk kid you may lose your finders .made me like him right off .. terry always talk to me with respect ...we are the same age .and he prove them wrong ...............

Archived