Texas Racing Silly Season

abrungot

how would you do that with series coming thru?

THR does have a track tire 'HOOSIER".......it's up to S.S. to supply anything needed for raceday.

1 tire, Goodyear or Hoosier at all track's. We are going to have tires everywhere next year, just like this year(ie trailer, shop, s/s, truck, l/m). It would be nice to be able to share the tire's between them. THAT'S COST CUTTING, I would think?

If you want to cut costs of tires down, run only the Goodyear that the sportmods, promods and trucks are now running. They will last longer than the softer hoosier and also help the smaller budget team since the big budget high hp motor teams will have to detune to keep the car from over running the tires. This was tried once already and it failed.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THR HAS A TRACK TIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOOSIER

the series don't. THR has nothing to do with goodyear.. that is an S.S motorsports deal.

HMP would have to decide for the trucks and mods.

I know there isnt the margin with Goodyear over hoosier. But margin is the magic word in business. My reply was to make it cheaper for the racer, not for the track to make more money. I'm not talking about any certain track. I mean all tracks. They all talk about saving the racer money, but it normally cost more.

I know there isnt the margin with Goodyear over hoosier. But margin is the magic word in business. My reply was to make it cheaper for the racer, not for the track to make more money. I'm not talking about any certain track. I mean all tracks. They all talk about saving the racer money, but it normally cost more.

Having worked with both Hoosiers and Goodyears, the current Goodyears are a better value for the racers than the Hoosiers. They retain their handling characteristics over a longer period than the Hoosiers and most racers are able to get more races from the Goodyears than the Hoosiers.

But, as has been mentioned already, the track has financial considerations that directly impact the track's bottom line so the better tire doesn't always end up as the track tire.

Nick

Exactly, but thats kind of the problem. Heres my thoughts which I know a lot want to hear. LOL

The track wants to get car counts up. Well save the drivers money. That will always work.

The track then see's a problem with profit or makeing money period as a problem so they dont do it.

BUT. Save the drivers money first. That gets car counts up, which does what in most cases? Pulls in more fans. Then the track regains what it lost in tires or other concessions to the teams. Stop trying to make a track run with the back gate. It can be switched and I think it would work.

JMO

I personally dont see an advantage to the goodyear. Yes they will last a little longer but they will be slower compared to someone on stickers. Someone stole my stickers after the friday practice out of the back of the truck. I had to run Saturday on old tires because the track didn't have any more tires available. My car was several tenths off of the prior race. By the time I finished the race they were absolutely gone.

So as long as there are sticker tires available the front guys are always going to start a race with every advantage they can and that means fresh tires. If one guy buys tires for every race then the entire field is going to do the same. Which means you get 1 race per set period.

The only way it would save anyone money is buying the cheaper tire of the two available.

Just my opinion

I disagree about the longevity of the goodyear and the traction. I had over 100-150 laps on my set and did not lose any time. I would run this same set for another 2-3 nights easy. Only the right rear has any real noticable wear. The lefts still have that little center line from the factory showing.

I disagree about the longevity of the goodyear and the traction. I had over 100-150 laps on my set and did not lose any time. I would run this same set for another 2-3 nights easy. Only the right rear has any real noticable wear. The lefts still have that little center line from the factory showing.

I think Sonic is talking about the Goodyear slicks the Pro lates run. I have heard that the top cars do run a new set each race. Maybe the 8" treaded ones are more durable and don't fall off as much.

the f53 should not even be mentioned for the supers or thunders.......you wanna see classes die?

I will not get into which tire THR should or shouldn't run. But i do have to replay to Directflo, When i was a Goodyear dealer in Floirda their bonus program beat the hell out of Hoosier.

Rick Day

Who would benefit the most from a bonus program, the track or racers? Anyone know what the price difference is between the Hoosier and Goodyear tire?

My store sold the 8" and 10" towel city rethread for the thunders and trucks at RRS. We didn't have 1 tire failure brought to are attention. The thunders would get 4 to 5 races on the 8" and the trucks would get atleast 3 to 4 50 lap races on a set. The 8" were $75 and 10" $80.

Archived