Precious 12

lenny66

<_<Was NASCAR right to tell Brad Keselowski to "take it easy" around the Chase drivers at Kansas? <_<

I saw this headline on the NA$CAR web site and just wanted to get opinions from other drivers, crews and fans.

I did not know that NA$CAR was following in the footsteps of WRESTLING WORLD !!! If a driver has the car to run up front and go for a win,why not??? Isn't that what our sport is supposed to be about??? Get to the front and be there at the end.

I personally do not like the Chase format, certain drivers just drive around in a "comfort" zone to stay out of trouble and never really press the issue to get the win, they just want the points. That's not real racing to me. JMO Lenny66 B)

IF MY CAR IS FAST ENOUGH TO BEAT YOU .MOVE OVER IF YOUR RUNNING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP .AND I WOULD NOT EXSPECT IT ANY DIFFERENT ..IF NASCAR JUST WANTED TO REMIND THE DRIVER ABOULT THAT OTHER DRIVERS QUEST .THATS OK .BUT IT IS UP TO BOTH DRIVERS TO RESPECT EACH OTHER IN THAT SITUATION ...... I GO OUT TO WIN .I DO HAVE RESPECT FOR THOSE THAT ARE RUNNING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP ..BUT IF THAT DRIVER WHO IS RUNNING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP WANTSTO RACE HARD AND WONT GIVE UP SOME SPACE .THEN ALL BETS ARE OFF . PLUS IF NASCAR TOLD THAT DRIVER TO BACK OFF .. THATS BAD FOR THE SPORT ..

I would say that was just nascars way of saying "you cant win it on the first lap" I didnt read it in any way of not racing the chase drivers hard. Hes a rookie, Hes young and has nothing to lose right now and was surrounded by chase drivers on the start in a long race. So yeah, take it easy on the start. It makes alot of sense. He finished 13th. I would say he did a fine job in the situation he was in. Just getting Experience.

Archived