**ATTENTION** Farm Trucks

After watching two of the farm trucks roll over this past race, I have decided to enforce a rule that all farm trucks are required to have a window net in place. The last thing I want is to see one of you be taken away with a missing limb.

Brian

Director of Competition

Shady Oaks Speedway

You need to consider the back window with those trucks with a reg cab. There head is next to where the rear window was. or arm restraints.

I didn't think of that window......anybody have any ideas as to a simple, cheap & effective way to solve this issue?

I already have a window net on my truck so I agree with that, but I would say we shouldn't block the whole back window. The guy in the second roll over got out of his truck through the back window. Maybe something just behind our heads?

DOUBLE UP ON WINDOW NETS FOR BACK WINDOW ,THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

Racing seats should be required in ANY racing vehicle.

I agree, a CIRCLE track racing seat that gives you rib support, not a drag racing seat.Just ask Tony B. what that will do to your ribs in a side impact using a drag seat.I do think a window net behind the driver in the correct location would solve that issue, as long as its mounted correctly

Just reading this conversation gives me the chills....Granted I haven't seen what safety measures are implimented in this class...but back in the 70's when I was driving a wrecker we had guy roll his pick-up and get his head pinned/smashed between the collapsed roof and the bottom of the rear window....It was NOT a pretty site!!! :o Remember Gallagher smashing watermelons with a sledge hammer?

Safety first guys!!!!

Just reading this conversation gives me the chills....Granted I haven't seen what safety measures are implimented in this class...but back in the 70's when I was driving a wrecker we had guy roll his pick-up and get his head pinned/smashed between the collapsed roof and the bottom of the rear window....It was NOT a pretty site!!! :o Remember Gallagher smashing watermelons with a sledge hammer?

Safety first guys!!!!

A window net would be a good idea, but a piece of expanded metal would do the same thing and not obstruct the drivers vision. Having a couple of pieces of rod stock in the front windshield area to protect against flying parts and mud .

Archived