Favorite Driver??

direct-flo

Colt, not many. But when you think about it ,every class has ''the fast guys'' and ''the slow guys.''

I guess I can add ROMCO to the list of TRAIN racing. No passing=Boring.

The grandstands were full last time the Dwarfs raced at THR. Less than halfway thru the ROMCO race people were leaving in droves. I guess it MIGHT be fun to start on the pole and know that if you stay low no one can pass you.

Nothing personal, I just like to see the fastest car win.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they left cause they got tired of watching five dwarf heat races, a bmain, and a feature???????? And one thing about romco is the top 10 is usually seperated by about 2 tenths of a second unlike dwarfs where it is probally seconds. I imagine they are probally fun to watch on dirt but they just dont do it for me on asphalt. And train racing??? How about Doug Hooks and Bradley Reithmeyer going to the back and coming back to finish in the top 5??? They couldnt of just followed there way to the top 5 could they????

2wide,

Sorry Nick, they started it

No, you started it. Up until you posted the following, the thread was all about favorite drivers in different venues.

Hey guys, The Dwarfs are gonna' be at THR saturday night. Watch them,and tell me if it's not THE BEST show of the night. Just watch for the 25 car and the 05 car. They let it rip!!!

You're the one who posted the brag. Did you honestly expect participants in other venues to sit down and not challenge you?

In any event, I am asking everyone to calm down a bit and be nice.

Nick Holt

Colt, it's cool if your not into Dwarf racing. I myself am not into ROMCO racing. People like what they like. As far as Hooks and Reitmeyer going from the back to the top five.I'm willing to bet that the cars they passed didn't qualify within 2 tenths of the pole.

2wide, my name is Christine, and I run the Texas Dwarf Car Association. Thank you for all your praises, but let's keep this thread on the topic in which it is. We have our own board under our site, where you are more than welcome to post on.

As for favorite drivers...

Cup- Tony Stewart & Brendan Gaughan

Busch- David Starr

ROMCO- Davidson (both)

Dwarfs- James (my husband) ;)

TAMS- Too many to name

TSRS- Ryan E.

So, I leave to go to get some lunch. I leave Texas Speed Zone open on the computer. I get back and the whole world is mad at me and my co-workers are just laughing their butts off.

Sorry guys, I have some hardcore fans here at work. They love to stir the pot.

All the posts by 2wide today were not posted by 2wide.

I am 2wide,and I would never bash any class of race car, or any driver.Not my style.

I am the biggest race fan in the world. I enjoy every class of car that races at THR.

I even enjoy watching David ( The Pit Steward) race around on his two wheeler.

Again, sorry if my boys here angered any of you guys.

I'll never again leave my computer open when I leave.

Favorite Local Drivers;

Colt James-ROMCO

Richard Norman-LM

Marvin buck-SS

Matt #58 -HS

The Freemans-ARTS

P.S. 16.5 is my fastest time at THR

Tommy I got my stopwatch from speedway.

Josh, my car is bada$$, but it is not for sale

Colt, heck of a race at THR.I know it's hard to win,no matter where you start.

Nick, sorry I left my computer open.

If I left anyone out just let me know.

2wide

At one time Colt's Dad drove a dwarf car at Longhorn, then it was very exciting to watch, but even then with 25 cars they never seemed to have more than 2 heat races. I don't know how they figure their line up but Terry always stared at the back not bragging but most times by lap 2 or 3 he was leading. He would probably be the first to tell you that Romco verse dwarf is no comparison. Colt did practice a drawf car at age 13. Also Anyone that can lead 99 laps with Greg Davidson(one of the best of the best) behind them is a good driver.

C

The reason the Dwarfs had so many heat races is that the north division and the south division were having a combined race.There were about 34 cars.Out of those 34. There were at least 12-13 rookies,and several others that had never raced on pavement. They wanted to let those guys get some seat time on the track with cars that were close to the same speed and experience. Didn't make much sense to me either,but that's how it went down.

Like I said in an earlier post, my co-workers kinda' threw me into the fire.

I never tryed to compare ROMCO and Dwarfs. Two different animals.

I remember watching Terry race Dwarfs. He was a great driver, as is Colt.

Again,like I said before,Colt ran a great race.

I hope this clears things up.

I would not classify them as my favorite drivers but they were tough compitition Bill White, Tommy Gural, Donnie Merridith the Johnsons, Ray, Charles and Clyde from west Texas and I didn't race against him but the tech man Jack was no push over in his time plus Buddy Yantis, Paul Jet and several others from SA did quite well on the dirt tracks around Austin as well as the Late Judd Larson.

Junior

MY GRANDAD , JUNIOR MEDLOCK ,SLICK , JOHN KELLY , LARRY BENDELE ,JERRY SPENCER...I GREW UP WATCHING THESE GUYS ,AND LIVED TO SEE THEM THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

I'VE LEARNED ALOT IN THE PAST FEW YEARS FROM WACTHING GUYS LIKE 'PONY BOY', TERRY JAMES ,MARK CRUDIMSKI , DONNIE MERRIDITH ,AND THERE ARE ALOT OF NEW GUYS THAT MAKE ME SAY " WOW" ALOT...

Archived