RACE RESULTS 8-22-09

speedy

man you had to many buds .cuz for a couple of laps daniel was all overyou know who.. .could not pass him for the rear view driveing going on ..25 went high so did you know who. .25 went low so did you know who ..then just when i was rooting for 25 to get what looked like a good run on you know who .. .his poor motor went south ..lisa was catching the you know who . but hers went south aswell .. shear pin i suspect ... but gb ..i was betting a ford was going to win ..lol

then he was racen or doing that rear view racen like you said ? that is why last year they took them out and it looked like we started race a little faster

i look at it this way ..and have talked to jr aboult it aswell .. if you have to keep looking back to block .then you need to learn how to drive faster or make your car faster .you cant run fast if your looking back ..so that thing you look in to look back isnt the problem .its the driver ..... his dad and i have said this alot in the past few weeks . one dont over drive .two why run someones line just to keep them behind when you car runs better in another line and you can pull away .if that other car beats you .then work on it the car or the driver ..or both ..jr if some have been watching him the last tree of four weekends has changed his driveing tactic to make him faster . three wins i think . he slowed down and got faster ..the car has gotten faster sence he slowed down . that has aloud his dad or me to adjust the car ..and really it hasnt had much of anything adjusted lately ..yep the motor is big .but he runs a socket behind the gas pedal .cant use much more than half throtle .....if jr makes it back this year .he wont have that thing to llok back in .and it wont make a differents in the way he races ..dont need it ..

I do not have a car in that class anymore but i have friend and a brother that does so my openion might not matter but last year there was a lot of rear view driven so they took them out and it started to get a lot better no blocking and not a lot of yellow flags

man you had to many buds .cuz for a couple of laps daniel was all overyou know who.. .could not pass him for the rear view driveing going on ..25 went high so did you know who. .25 went low so did you know who ..then just when i was rooting for 25 to get what looked like a good run on you know who .. .his poor motor went south ..lisa was catching the you know who . but hers went south aswell .. shear pin i suspect ... but gb ..i was betting a ford was going to win ..lol

I was trying someone else's driveing style, Didn't work for me that well ...

Mirror drivers are the easiest to pass.Its those radio drivers I have a problem with.Anybody who is looking back is not going all out.But a radio gives you a second set of eyes and you can always tell.

Most of what some people call mirror driving is really someone trying to hang on at speed.Rather than run a high line for a car that pushes,they dive to the bottom and slide up.What gets me is why everyone will only run on the bottom half of the track.There is a great hi line and guys like Joe Arcy and some of the other bombers know and use it.If it doesnt get used enough it becomes dirty and too slick,thats what I experienced my last race.Its pleanty fast and good for momentum but when slick its loose.So I say you guys that complain about passing should do what the dirt modifieds do and work in a fast second groove,just like the bombers do.Otherwise we get a one groove track and all the stuff happens.Not every car handles the same so I know some cars could benifit from the hi groove.

Removeing the mirrors will just give someone an excuse for chopping someone else off in the turn or even the straight.What I do is if in front its my choice of lane but always try to give room for another car to pass.If I have my choice lane and he can pass me then go ahead,Im too slow anyway, but when passing its my job to make my car go where the other car doesnt go.Hi,low it doesnt matter as long as a lane is open to use.All drivers should not go back and forth taking all the track or they will get wrecked.If a car has a run on you and you chop him off at entry dont get mad if you get spun out.If however you slide up past the opening you were given a wreck will happen.And you dont need a mirror to know where the other car is.We are all good enough racers to drive like the Blue Angles flying in formation if we respect each other.And I do feel that respect and give it to all the drivers.But I have done my share of screw ups and will do more and have hit that wall everywhere.Its sickning to watch your car being loaded with the front wheels dangeling from the brake hoses.Or worring about the 3 hour drive home thinking " will I black out from a delayed concussion? "

Lets see what we can do about improving the 2 lane racing groove.Side by side racing is the best show.And the most fun.

Don't get up to high GB that tree in turn 3 will reach out and Grab ya :lol:, Just bring some tear offs From the RVG days and you can run up on the high side...

gb wants every one to run high .why everyone has figured out where he like to pass ...low. low ..

An interesting night of racing, to say the least...

Jesse, Jr. is gonna be one sore young man when he wakes up this morning.

Good thing oldtimer builds stout racecars.....

Jr. sorry you got hurt during the A.P. Hope you are doing ok. Good racin' tho. [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/26/09]

GB is right the two grove is the fastes way around the track . GB & OT correct me if im wrong but isnt CC a handeling

track than a motor track. I know that i worked more on handeling to make the car turn in the corners smoother .

Every body seen what happen when i tride more motor it cost me . The way every body is talking here about this

class is same as when it was the Mini Stocks to much motor and could not control it . Thats wy Dan & Donnie went

with the Thunders to make it more fare for every body and if you think about it whe didnt have as many wrecks

in the first 4 or 5 years that i could remember .Hey GB i think you need to give thumper a steroid shot to put some

ump back in him so you can beat them peasky fords :lol::lol::lol:

i would be more than happy to put stock motors in the car s . but we tride that in 90 .91 .93 ..worked out good .till fwd.s showed up .they didnt have any more power than we did .but were lighter .and faster through the turns .....pulling a car around the turns .works better than pushing a car through ..

Well I finally got time to go over Thumper.Re-torqued the head,found a couple of tight valves,a partially pluged pee hole,timing off by a tooth,ign timing 10 deg slow but the biggest thing was the venturi booster in the secondary barrel was broken.When I pulled it,it came out in 2 pieces.One more race and it would have fallen into the engine and exploded a piston.Looks like the spirit that is Thumper was trying to get my attention.My bad for neglect.Tagging the wall was not enough so he spit water at me and started to misfire.Im hoping hes ready to race now.Starting scratch so I hope we get those 2 grooves or I will have to take luching lessons from the king :lol:

Lets hope we beat the rain,looks like all next week will be wet,at least here.

260 York,I know you have Bud on the car but do you really have Bud IN the car???Maybe thats why you get hit in the butt so much :o

got the car back from the frame shop ..still some bent parts but nothing that cant be fixed ..after practice with lisa and joshua tonight .we will get back on that old three car and sr will start back there with you ..just hope toget it back to where is was ..jr has already given us orders not to over adjust and set it up for sr .we figured if it has alittle push in it for sr then its ok ....

Archived