brad bush

ups88john

Thanks to each and everyone of you for these words. It means a lot to read this at this time to see the extra support from the racing community. By far the hardest days of my life but I can't explain to you how much the support helps. I got a mom and grandmother to take care of....we have lost the best man you could ask for!

See yall soon.

Brad

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I had the pleasure of meeting your dad many times and he was a great man. Tell your MOM i am so sorry and to be strong. I miss all of you and if there is anything i can do, please let me know. Darla Kay is going to need you and Blake now so be strong and help her get thru this.

Rick Day

I remember the night that Rusty and Darla Kay treated the entire SAS staff to a meal after the races.

Rusty had barbecued a ton of food, and Darla Kay had brought all of the trimmings. They wouldn't let anyone else bring anything for it - wanted to do it all for us.

And that's the kind of people they are. Like Brad said, we've lost a great man.

The funeral arrangements for Russell (Rusty) Bush are as follows:

Visitation - Thursday, August 6, 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Funeral - Friday, August 7, 9:00 a.m.

Location: Mission Park Funeral Chapels South, 1700 S.E. Military Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78214, (210) 924-4242, Mission Park Funeral Chapel Website

Brad, I cannot relate to what has happened to your family, especially losing your Dad at his young age. This is truly a tragedy. About all anyone can say is be strong, look to the Lord for strength and do not hesitate to impose on your friends. They are waiting to help with whatever you or your family might need. You have some really great fiends in the

racing community and you will need help to get through this.

Do not think you are alone. Angels are all around you, and not all of them will have wings. Just reach out and give them a chance to do whatever will lessen the load on your famiy.

We are praying for you and your family.

Bubba & Becky Claridge

Brad, Blake, and Darla im so sorry for this tragedy ive known all of you since i was old enough to be around racing, and rusty was one hell of a guy he always knew how to make everyone laugh. If yall need anything please call we will do anything to help. Yall guys are in our prayers from the Horelka, Opiela, and Jones family.

Here's the obituary that is posted on the Mission Park website:

Russell W. Bush, Jr. born on April 2, 1956 went to be with the Lord on August 2, 2009 at the age of 53. Survivors include his loving wife of 28 years Darla Kay Bush, sons Blake and Brad Bush, mother Irene D. Bush, sisters Caren Byrom, Brenda Bush and Roxanne Bush and other loving family members and friends.

Service

Visitation will begin on Thursday, August 6, 2009 from 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Mission Park Funeral Chapels South. Funeral services will be held on Friday, August 7, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Mission Burial Park South.

For personal acknowledgment you may sign the guest book at Russell Bush Guest Book.

Archived