Nascar Slow Cars

TTR73

Should Nascar Require Slow Drivers To Go To Busch Series?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nascar Require Slow Drivers To Go To Busch Series?

• A. Yes
    • B. No

Hey Jim you did fine in my eyes...Just curious why were you in Benkers car... Sometimes when you went by it sounded like a wounded duck.... Were you guys just shaking it down or were there some other problems with it... I would have asked you this at the track but had some other duties to attend to... Hope to see that #2 out there soon tho...

Marc

i see it as, if you have the money to try to make it in the big times you shouldnt be punished becasue you dont have cororate sponsors or the backing as some race teams do. there are slower cars in romco and TSRS but you dont see the front runners running them over and taking them out, i dont atleast . it makes for better racing to see the cars have to fight through traffic and stay in front of each other. nascar needs to leave them alone and make the other drivers in the series deal with it and start to penalize the guys who bumb, i mean take out, to pass.

What is the difference between a lead car taking a slow car out or a slow car taking several competetive cars out. Racerboy the way you make that sound is that it's ok for the slow cars to stack the field up and wreck good cars.

not saying that, when you see big wrecks that take out the front runners is because the slower cars that are not up to par with the front runners are racing and they tangle. and the front happen to be coming up on them. yes the front runners go around the slowere casrs and sometimes they tangle but most times they dont. give me a good exampole of when a slower car in this area had tangled up with a front runner and wrecked. were they alone or racing with he other slowere cars or were they alone?

not trying to provea point by that question just curious on what u see asa tangle up witha slower car.

Well a real easy one that i think we all remeber is the one that Jason is referring to when he mentioned Chris Davidson. It was a Romco race 2 years ago at CC. Slower car already a couple laps down on about lap 25 I think. He stacked 4th through about 8th up and wrecked good cars. Slow cars have every right to be on the track as long as they move over, if they don't they should be black flagged. Heck when my car was junk I pulled to the infeild and quite racing.

There was a time when even "Dale Earnhardt Sr." was a slow car and in the way.

Tom is old enough to remember.....LOL

Where would we be if he was not allowed to race?

I'll bet everyone in the Romco, Tams, Tsrs, and local track champions were "in the way" at one time or another.

The key is to learn how to race when it is time to race, and when to swallow your pride and get out of the way. This will earn you respect from MOST of the racers in the lead pack.

Mel

Horsepower,

the car I was driving last week is a Tsrs car I borrowed from the Arron Leddy/John Benker stable.The car is a howe 5th design with a Camaro clip installed by BRE and has a strong engine.this was the first time out after a hard crash in the TSRS race during Octoberfast when John Benker was caught up in someone elses crash.I made the mistake of puting some old tires that I thought still had some life left in them. I found out how bad the tires were. I have to take full responsibility for the cars poor performance because of the tire seletion.This week should show betterwith acouple of new tires on the right side and my Octoberfast tires on the left.thanks for your support see you saturday.

Jim

One way to put a better field at a Nextel race is for NASCAR to stop stealing sponsors.

There's a real problem with that you go find a sponsor and nascar will come in behind you and offer them deal for the series. There's a team owner that was out there for years Bumgargner{sp] that folded his team this year because he said every time he gets a new sponsor Nascar would take it from him. Don't blame the slower cars besides look at the back markers one is the owner of FAST TRACK driving school a very good driving school, another one was Dale sr. crew chief for years and has a long history of driving all good drivers just no money compared to alot of the teams.

Archived