Get well soon Johnny Benson

ratdaddy

JB jr. was just a kid starting out in the ASA Late Model Series when I moved away from the Midwest. He, like some of the other ASA competitors including Mark Martin and Alan Kulwicki, has always remained humble to his beginnings. Too bad he lost his NCWTS ride, he may not have even been racing a ISMA Modified near his Michigan hometown.......It sucks when the class champion can't find a sponsor or another ride.

Those pavement Super Modifieds haul-ass......We ran that class at South Bend Speedway for years until nearly puttng one into the grandstands one night. The next year the track cancelled the class.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/story.aspx?stor...04&catid=14

JB jr. was just a kid starting out in the ASA Late Model Series when I moved away from the Midwest. He, like some of the other ASA competitors including Mark Martin and Alan Kulwicki, has always remained humble to his beginnings. Too bad he lost his NCWTS ride, he may not have even been racing a ISMA Modified near his Michigan hometown.......It sucks when the class champion can't find a sponsor or another ride.

Those pavement Super Modifieds haul-ass......We ran that class at South Bend Speedway for years until nearly puttng one into the grandstands one night. The next year the track cancelled the class.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/story.aspx?stor...04&catid=14

They just said on SpeedReport that he was scheduled to run this race before he lost the truck ride...but, you're right. When the class champ can't find a ride or sponsor, that's not good.

A tip of the hat to the on track rescue who were there fast. John Benson Sr complimented them for their quick action which he feels

saved Jr from more serious injuries. Super Mods are low flying aircraft with 4 wheels. Get well soon Champ.

This was posted on the Johnny Benson website by Barb.

06/16/09 - 10:15 p.m.

Johnny was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon. His first stop was to our parent's home so he could check out his super modified. He spent a few moments with the Grand Rapids Press, Wood TV 8 and Fox 17 to provide an update on his recovery. Now comes the big challenge of getting comfortable outside a hospital bed. We are so grateful that he is at a point where he no longer needs hospital care.

Thank you for your continued prayers and thoughts as Johnny continues to recover. I will continue to post updates as they come up. There are so many people to thank and I will write something in the upcoming days ahead ...

Archived