RAIN RAIN GO AWAY

matt5858

I understand that Robert Mullins will make a decision around noon today, Friday, March 12.

At the present time (9:45 a.m) it is still raining in NW San Antonio and we had a couple of fairly heavy showers earlier this morning. Weather radar shows that a line of showers just passed through the SA area and that there are scattered showers travelling towards the area, but no where near as heavy as the line that went through earlier. However, there is one weather cell located near Uvalde which is headed in the general direction of SAS.

The forcast for Saturday is that the unsettled weather and possible thunderstorms will continue through the first part of next week.

Let's hope the sun breaks through in San Antoinio any minute and the weatherman is wrong about the unsettled weather.

Nick Holt

Let's hope...the weatherman is wrong about the unsettled weather.

Nick Holt

Gee, Nick..

A weatherman being WRONG about the weather?? hmmm... :P

Wonder when the last time THAT happened..?? ;) LOL :lol:

On a serious note, I hope Mr. Mullins has some GOOD news for everyone involved this weekend at SAS...

I'm hearing that "scattered showers" are predicted in the latest forecasts. Let's hope they scatter somewhere else besides San Antonio Speedway. I will make sure any changes in the schedule are posted here on TSZ. In addition, you can check the Race Hotline for updates - 210-628-1499.

If the ROMCO/TSRS/ARTS races have to be canceled due to the weather, they are tentatively rescheduled for May 29 (Memorial Day weekend).

Weather radar update:

At 2:00 p.m. there is a fairly large rain cell centered over Uvalde and moving directly towards San Antonio. The radar shows mostly green (light to moderate rain) but with large areas of yellow (moderate)and a few pockets of red (heavy). The cell is moving at a rate that will put it over the track in about an hour and a half or two hours. Not the kind of weather radar I was hoping to see.

Nick Holt

Just spoke with Mary Ann, 2:10pm they are currently teching cars in.

She said everything was going as scheduled.

See you guys/girls there, have a safe trip.

#22 CREW

TheLatest weather forecast does not look too promising.

++++++++++++++++

Showers and a few thunderstorms will move east at 30 mph across San Antonio and surrounding counties this evening. Rainfall amounts will range from one quarter to one half inch an hour. Occasional lightning and wind gusts to 35 mph are possible. Motorists should be prepared for water ponding on roads. Later this evening...showers and a few thunderstorms will move into the area.

Did any ROMCO, TSRS, ARTS on track practice happen at SAS Friday? If practice didn't go as scheduled due to a wet track, what is the schedule for Saturday, March 13? The radar shows deep sections of heavy rain still to come from the west toward San Antonio. Good luck racers!

Let's put on the aqua-treads and get the season started! Will there be any news by 6:00 am tomorrow? That is the planned time to be headed west on I-10. I really need to smell some high octane fuel, burned clutches and hot brakes.

Another view: This line is fairly slow moving and has arrived in the San Antonio area (it's about 11:20 p.m.). The radar image has less orange and less yellow and more green than a couple of hours ago, so maybe this thing won't dump too much wet stuff.

Nick Holt

post-2-1079155106_thumb.png

Does anyone know if thier was any cars practicing on Friday?I heard there was a pretty big crash but have not been able to varify it.

their was pratice for a little while, both TSRS and ROMCO got in two short pratice sessions before the rains came again. Apparently when they were trying to keep the track dry they just had cars driving around at a slow speed and the throttle hung on the #1 ROMCO car and he plowed into the turn 3 wall.

There were quite a few cars at SAS today. Sure was sweet to see them babies flyin around there again. Most near everyone got in a decent practice once it started at about 4:30. Lasted a few hours until a heavy shower soaked the track at about 6:30. It rained real hard for fifteen minutes or so and everyone just loaded up because it would've took to long to get the track dry. The wreck happened under yellow and it was Kirby Huneykutt (spelling???) I believe who stuffed it in the turn three wall. Doubt that he'll be back tommorow. Two guys from Missouri were there too with some good looking equipment. Others that were there were Brandon, Chrudimsky, Kelly, Grothues, Davidsons, Grimes, Hiel, both Alexanders, Damon Bean and a few other TSRS cars as well. The big line of rain is getting ready to move through right now b/c I just heard it thunder, and should be gone by morning. Forecast for tommorow is hit and miss showers. The show should be on, see yall at the races.

Jason,

If they get a lot of rain over night, portions of the infield will become saturated and will hold water for a day or two. But worse, if the parking lot gets really soaked it becomes a quagmire.

But if we get just a little - like a quarter-inch or so, then we should be OK since that soil can absorb a certain amount of water without becoming too big a problem.

Let's hope this line of showers has died out enough so they don't dump much rain. I just went outside and a light rain has started to fall in the UTSA area on the NW side where I live.

Everybody needs to do their best anti-rain dance all night.. lol

Nick Holt

Jason,

It's not raining that hard yet - just a light rain for the past half hour or so. Maybe it'll be a great day tomorrow and everything will be dry at SAS.. Don't give up so easily. Fill that FORD up with gas, pack your wallet full of concession money and come on up!.

Nick

Archived