Swine Flu Outbreak

trbfan

I was just wondering if there are any plans regarding what will happen regarding the Swine Flu outbreak in Texas and other states for the Race tracks in Texas like Thunderhill, Houston, and Corpus Christi? Down here schools have been closed in the entire Schertz/New Braunfels area including my high school.

WHEN I TOOK OVER A FED EX GROUND ROUTE .ON 9.11 AND THEN CAME THE DREADED AMTRAX.S . . I HAD TO DEAL WITH THAT THREAT EVERY DAY OF GETTING SOME ON MY TRUCK .... THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO .SO I WENT ON WITH MY JOB ..SO THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOULT THIS FLU ..SO WE WILL KEEP RACEN ..

JUST READ THAT HEAD LINE ..SAD DEAL .I WORRY ABOULT IT . JUST ISNT NOTHING WE CAN DO .I WORK IN THE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS SALES .AND ALOT OF MY CUSTOMERS ARE FROM MEXICO .ANYONE OF THEM COULD BE SICK AS ANY OTHER PERSON FROM ANY COUNTRY INCLUDING OURS .AND I CANT DO NOTHING ABOULT IT ..ONLY HOPE IS THIS WILL END SOON AND THEY GET AHOLD OF . AND HOPE NOONE ELSE GETS IT ..WISHFULL THINKING I KNOW ..ILL MAKE THIS POINT . I DONT GO TO SEE DOCTORS WHEN I GET SICK .. BUT IF I GET THE FLU .I WILL ..

you wake up,,,,and live out the day.when you don't wake up,,,worry.

Yep. First thing I do in the morning is read the obituaries. If I ain't in 'em, I go about my regular routine....

YOU SURE YOUR READING THE RIGHT SECTION.. LOL JUST COULD NOT HELP MYSELF THERE ROSIE ........

35,000 people die of the flu every year in the U.S. This is just a different strain not much unlike we have every flu season. This thing is getting blown way out of proportion. The press keeps comparing us to Mexico, and well, its not the same...And they are not showing stats to what the normal deaths from the flu are,,,which several thousand , I think 5,ooo have already died this year from the flu(not swine) in the U.S.

SWINE FLU OR BIRD FLU ITS ALL THE FLU. IF NORMAL FLU WOULD NOT KILL YOU THIS FLU WONT EITHER. WE SHOULD KNOW NOT TO LISTEN TO THE MEDIA BY NOW FOLKS. MAKES ME WONDER WHAT THIS IS SUPPOSE TO DISTRACT THE SHEEPLE FROM REALLY SEEING.

My thoughts exactly. It's really unfortunate how the media is able to conrol perceived reality. The real sad thing is that most people are not aware enough to realize when they are being lied to by the media....happens all the time.

SWINE FLU OR BIRD FLU ITS ALL THE FLU. IF NORMAL FLU WOULD NOT KILL YOU THIS FLU WONT EITHER. WE SHOULD KNOW NOT TO LISTEN TO THE MEDIA BY NOW FOLKS. MAKES ME WONDER WHAT THIS IS SUPPOSE TO DISTRACT THE SHEEPLE FROM REALLY SEEING.

My thoughts exactly. It's really unfortunate how the media is able to conrol perceived reality. The real sad thing is that most people are not aware enough to realize when they are being lied to by the media....happens all the time.

Yep, its why all the "sheeple" as Oldtimer called them jumped on the Obama train cause all they heard was the word "change"... Well what in the hell has changed so far?

As far as the kid who died from this.. He wasn't even a U.S. Citizen. Although this Swine Flu thing seems to be alot less serious than its played up to be I sure would hate to see something really serious break out if we are bringing the infected into the non-infected areas. Hell of a way to spread a plague when you go ahead and open your doors up to let it in... Thats ridiculous, if it was that bad then they need to seal the border off and let it work its course.. May be a harsh thing to say but the Presidents first order of business should be the protection of his own people then worry about the others.

Either way, last year it was Bird Flu, the year before that SARs, and now its Swine Flu. Just this years "epidemic" which will kill 100 people and be over...

im sure this swine flu is another gift cooked up by the scientists trying to play GOD. one of these days they will end up monkeying around and create something that will do us all in.

They did, its called democracy. :lol:

First death in U.S. is a kid here in Texas according to yahoo

And this child came into the US at Matamoros and was flown to Houston from Brownsville. So it was not a case contacted here in the US. So far, 58 reported cases in the US and 8 in Comal/Guadalupe counties. Its best to be cautious and I believe they are handling this one correctly so far. As far as cancelling any racing right now would be rather useless at this point. Just have to wait and see for now. Best to go forward with eyes wide open than to stumble onward through the fog.

First death in U.S. is a kid here in Texas according to yahoo

And this child came into the US at Matamoros and was flown to Houston from Brownsville. So it was not a case contacted here in the US. So far, 58 reported cases in the US and 8 in Comal/Guadalupe counties. Its best to be cautious and I believe they are handling this one correctly so far. As far as cancelling any racing right now would be rather useless at this point. Just have to wait and see for now. Best to go forward with eyes wide open than to stumble onward through the fog.

heck they have canceled the rest of my sons baseball games till may 11th ....why .do they think this will be over with by then ..

Archived