A sad loss in the racing community

Stormin #58

Another sad loss happened last night as Vern Cantwell, brother to Calvin, Ralph and Don, collapsed and passed away during a weekly bicycle ride out in Manor. A avid bicyclist, Vern had'nt felt well and was heading back to their truck when this happened. His wife Donna was with the girls group including my wife Tracy when they got the call. Starflight was called but it was too late. Those who knew Vern remember a funny, sarcastic guy who was behind the scenes of his brothers racing. Anyone around Longhorn Speedway in the 80's knew who dominated the Street Stock class. It was the Cantwell's. Vern will be sorely missed by all. He and Donna were instrumental in coaching my wife to succesfully complete the Danskin Triathalon this past summer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.... May god hold you in the hollow of his hands and bless you....

Jackie

Joey Aka (MDR56)

And Julia Aka (Tweetydaughter86)

Not only did H & I raced with the Cantwell's, I went to school with them, Vern was a year older and always a kind person. My heart goes out to the entire family.

So sorry to be out of town and will miss the opportunity to show our respect to all the Cantwell's, God bless each of you.

Sincerely,

H & Mary Ann

Archived