Results from 4-10-09

SassyCassie14

For the results click here ==> I-37 Results

I have one word to say about last night, WOW!!! It was action packed to say the least. Even thou the full moon was covered by the cloulds, it showed its presents.

Awesome racing in the Limited Late Model Class. And it was good to see David Smith Jr., BigMike and Elias here again in the modifieds. And yes there were 3 roll overs, a few hit the wall, etc but I'm glad to say that all of the drivers involved are OKAY, alittle sore but okay.

Thank you to Mickey's Wrecker Service, Quality Ambulance Service, Jourdanton Fire Department and the Atascosa Sheriff's Department for coming out.

Also thank you to Ray "tiger" Doyon for putting in an extra $100 for the hardcharger award in the modified class (which went to Steve Whiteaker Jr.)

Congrats to the winners last night:

Pure Stocks

57 Jason Kelly - La Vernia - Sponsored by: Off The Wall Racing Services, Kelly Custom Graphics

Street Stocks

27 Eric Knudtson - Boerne - Sponsored by: SunSantional Pools and Spas

Limited Late Models

7 Richard Bartosh - Pleasanton - Sponsored by: Bowen Welding, Gateway Church, Alamo Bolt & Screw, Sarge's Discount Tools, T&S Bit Service, David & Shelly Baur

IMCA Southern Sport Modifieds

90 Dustin Butcher - Corpus - Sponsored by: Texas Service, Young's Auto Repair, Access Chevy

Modifieds

89 Steve Whiteaker Jr - Corpus - Sponsored by: Texas Service Industries, WW Bodies, Access Chevy

Frontrunners

9 Jarrett Payton - San Antonio - Sponsored by: Roudee 8 Performance Mufflers.

OUR NEXT RACE WILL BE APRIL 17TH

This is our saying around here, there is alot of ding ding on our bling bling LOL

that sucks hard hit hope doug is ok i am willing and able for a few beers to help doug heck i will even buy the beer :blink: he and his family are the great people :rolleyes: doug call me lets get something together greg ;)

Three rollovers in one normal night of racing? No fires? Everybody made it ok? Safety gear must be working!! I'm sure glad you had the FD there, Greg, that track is gonna miss you. Again.

Three rollovers in one normal night of racing? No fires? Everybody made it ok? Safety gear must be working!! I'm sure glad you had the FD there, Greg, that track is gonna miss you. Again.

So let me ask what others are thinking, will there be a fire truck Friday?

:blink::blink:

Thanks man. All is good not too sore anymore, new chassis will be here Thursday, so next week the beer will be cold Thanks for all you help.

U BRINGING IT TO MY SHOP I CAN PUT MY LITTLE ELVES ON IT HERE AND THERE AND WE CAN WORK ON IT AT NIGHT WEEKENDS U CAN COME UP HERE AND USE MY SHOP

So let me ask what others are thinking, will there be a fire truck Friday?

I HOPE SOMEBODY WILL GET IT TOGETHER AND GET EM THERE I COUNTED 2 FIRES 3 ROLL OVERS 1 COULD HAVE BEEN A DUPLICATE OF RYAN SCARED THE PISS OUT OF US THANK GOD HE IS ALL RIGHT PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY :(

Any questions about a particular scoring decision should be brought to the track officials and not raised here in the forums. The reasons why a particular call was made regarding a DQ should also be brought up with the track. It does no one any good to use the forums to stir the pot by folks who aren't happy with a call.

Thanks.

Nick

TO DRIVER: I HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK 'TALKING' WITH THE TRACK ABOUT ISSUES.

NICK OUT OF RESPECT FOR TXSZ I WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING MORE. I HOPE THAT THE TRACK TAKES MEASURES TO PROTECT THE DRIVERS, BOTH SAFETY AND WITH RESPECT FOR THEIR EQUPTIMENT. WE HAVE TRIED TALKING WITH JIM AND SEEM TO HAVE TAKEN TEN STEPS BACKWARDS.

THANKS TO ALL OUR FRIENDS AT I37, SEE YOU AT GOLIAD.

GOOD LUCK DRIVERS

CANDACE...AND GREG TOO

one normal night of racing

No Paul.....FULL MOON!!!!

That's funny, my friend!

I don't have a superstitious bone in my body, and believe in my heart that whatever happens happens for a reason.... I am way thrilled that the drivers in these crashes are OK, but I know as you do, that there are circumstances that contribute to occurences like this, especially multiples like what happened that night. What if..... I mean really, what if? Here's another onion to peel.

What if there was no fire truck?

What if there was no fuel cell seal valve?

What if a decision was made to drive safe, with the intent to finish?

What if corners had been cut on the drivers belts, seats, helmet, firesuit?

What if track conditions just made the races unsafe?

What if drivers refused to race on any given night, at any given track, because it wasn't safe to do so?

I know for a fact it isn't about the money that the driver takes the wheel, there's some ego, but mainly it's the adrenaline, am I right?

I'm in no way intending to single out ANY track, any driver, any poster, I just expect tracks and drivers to learn from the past in a real way, change what's wrong, fix the real problems, spend the money required to do it right or get out of the sport. How many times, how many people have been hurt or broken because someone else cut corners (no pun intended)?

Reb, Greg, Doug, Darin, you and many others have highlighted local safety for some time, at your own expense frequently. Thank you....

PLEASE!!! Don't let near tradgedy be the trigger that it takes for YOU to make a real stand for track safety.

Why? I miss Ryan....... :(

THE SITUATIONS COULD HAVE BEEN BAD I HAVE SOME VIDEO THAT I AM PUTTING ON U TUBE WHEN I GET EM UP I WILL ADD A LINK AND WE ALL CAN SEE WHAT MADE ME AND C AND MANY OTHERS HAVE A FLASH BACK LETS GET REAL IT CAN HAPPEN AGAIN AND FOR RYAN IT ALL LINED UP ALL THE WRONG WAY BUT PAUL IS MAKING IT HIS MISSION TO PUSH , PULL ,POKE , KICK , SCREAMING ETC :blink: TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN SO WE WILL DO WHAT IS RIGHT SO KEEP UP THE HARD WORK I DONT KNOW IF U ALL KNOW THIS BUT PAUL IS IN NEW MEXICO AND MANY MILES AWAY BUT HIS HEART IS WHERE THERES RACING AND RACERS FAMILYS :( HE AND HIS FAMILY DEAL WITH THE PAIN EVERY DAY AND HE HAS TO SEE HIS BEST FRIEND :( (HIS DAUGHTER)IN PAIN THAT U WOULD NOT WANT ANYONE NOT EVEN UR WORST ENEMY TO GO THROUGH SO DONT MAKE HIS AND MANY OTHERS EFFORTS GO UNOTICED PLEASE JUST BECAUSE WE WONT BE THERE SOMEONE HAVE THE FIRE TRUCK THERE IF THE TRACK WONT <_< GREG AND CANDACE .AGAIN TO MANY EMOTIONS :( SO I HAD TO REMOVE SOME

The fire truck cost is $200 a night. i would bet its worth every penny, besides you think this driver is glad they were there? we are.this is just one picture of one of the fires,we will have video link up later. so glad everyone was ok. this was after car was flipped right side up--off its roof, the fire ignited upon being upright, you can see driver still in car, fire had just started and got hot fast, it caught everyone by surprise. they were just checking on him to see he was ok and poof it was on fire......you never know.

post-3-1239804762.jpg

Where are the pictures at?

I am not allowed to post the link on here as of right now, so if anyone wants the link, please pm me or email me and I will send it to you that way.

Jamie, please check your pm box.

It was good to see you at the track again Jamie!!!

Archived