Banned?

Just curious...I saw the owner at Edna last night. I was wondering if you plan to allow the limited modified driver that was banned from edna last night to compete at your track? Personally I think this would send the wrong signals....this driver almost ran over my wife on his way to ram his car into another drivers car (and not even the right one at that) then backed up...and it looked to me tried to hit him directly in the drivers compartment...looked like he really wanted to hurt the other driver...not prove a point. I sure hope this person will not be allowed at SOS...just curious...it seems that tracks are sometimes willing to work together..but most times that does not include suspension...

On a side note the place really looked good friday...plan to make it back this week, and look foreward to seeing the track when it has been packed in better. So far looks like it will be a good season at SOS....thanks...AJ

That is good to hear that he is banned for EDNA i think South Texas Speedway and Shady Oaks and I37should do the same thang ...if this guy did it once he will do it agine

Thats crazy if this guy did it once he'll do it again, people mass up sometimes when they get mad, but if thats the way it is then the guy driving the car that got hit has a long history of getting mad and doing the same thing so i guess you know what to expect from him before the season is over with.

Just curious...I saw the owner at Edna last night. I was wondering if you plan to allow the limited modified driver that was banned from edna last night to compete at your track? Personally I think this would send the wrong signals....this driver almost ran over my wife on his way to ram his car into another drivers car (and not even the right one at that) then backed up...and it looked to me tried to hit him directly in the drivers compartment...looked like he really wanted to hurt the other driver...not prove a point. I sure hope this person will not be allowed at SOS...just curious...it seems that tracks are sometimes willing to work together..but most times that does not include suspension...

On a side note the place really looked good friday...plan to make it back this week, and look foreward to seeing the track when it has been packed in better. So far looks like it will be a good season at SOS....thanks...AJ

NO NO NO I DONT THINK SO ... HE WAS NO WHERE CLOSE TO HITING ANYONE, AND HE WENT AFTER THE CAR THAT HAD BEEN BEATING ON HIM FOR AT LEASE FIVE LAPS THAT I SEEN, AND YES IT WAS WRONG, MY HUSBAND WAS OUT ON THAT TRACK WHEN IT HAPPEN AND I KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN SOME ONE GET MAD OUT THERE. BUT IF THE FLAG MAN WAS DOING HIS JOB IT WOULD NOT OF WENT AS FAR AS IT DID, I KNOW BOTH OF THESE DRIVERS AND THE GUY THAT GOT HIT IS A LITTLE HOT HEADED HIS SELF AND HAS DONE THE SAME THING MORE THEN ONCE AND DID NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT AT ALL. AT LEASE THIS GUY KNOWS HE WAS WRONG AND FEELS BAD ABOUT IT.

Im sure the track has already made a call on this. Im sure they made that call in the best interest of the drivers, track, and fans. Im also sure there are many many different stories as to how all this happened. Just be thankful no one was hurt and hope that it doesnt happen again.....who am I kidding? This will happen again some where. just my thoughts on the matter.

Sounds like he has been repremanded at the track where the offence took place, to have a campaigne to get him banned at other tracks is wrong (JMO). It would be OK to inform other tracks what occured so they can keep an eye out for more of the same behavior. I agree it was very poor judgment on his part but lets not run him out of racing completely. We can only hope he has learned a good lesson, if not then he should be banned or worse! ;)

Randy...your right...it was just assault with a deadly weapon...a paultry felony....those guys serving 20 years in jail for this same thing feel the same way you do.....personally he should have went to jail for this....it was not a small bump he gave the guy..he tried to hurt him, why else would he have drove into the drivers area? Just me.....exactly how close to my wife did he speed by? Since you saw it so clear? I saw...and it was not nearly enough distance for me....but, i do like how you try to justify it by saying the track should have stopped it.. no one ever should be accountable for their own actions....well the bumping you talked about was not even enough to hurt either car....THAT justifies that attack? Glad I dont work at the post office with you two....lol He should be man enough to come on here and say he made a mistake (and in my opinion ban himself) Problem is...people think this behavior is acceptable..TILL it happens to them.

Sounds like he has been repremanded at the track where the offence took place, to have a campaigne to get him banned at other tracks is wrong (JMO). It would be OK to inform other tracks what occured so they can keep an eye out for more of the same behavior. I agree it was very poor judgment on his part but lets not run him out of racing completely. We can only hope he has learned a good lesson, if not then he should be banned or worse! ;)

....so if he did this to you .....you wouldnt have a problem racing against him a week later on a different track??......if i was a racer i would have a problem ....now if he just bumped me after the race thats ok,but 3 times in a row and he tore my car up !! ...i am just a fan and know how much time and $$$$$ go into these cars......and i appeciate all the drivers that spend the time and money to put on a show for us fans!! and hate it when these things happen .....if a driver has a problem ,talk to an offical or talk the guy dont ram him 3 times after the races and tear up his car...jmo

Dancer & Speed, I don't think the guy should go unpunished and Dancer is probably right, he should have been hauled off to jail. The track chose not to do that they chose to ban him. No I would not like to be rammed while sitting still. Hopefully he wouldn't be that stupid to do it again. Basically, what I was trying to say is the track gave him the punishment they felt.

I repeat the other tracks in the area DO need to be contacted of his past behavior. What Vl chooses to do from here will tell us what kind of person he is. I hope he makes it right. Maybe I should be banned for my opinion! Ain't AMERICA great!

Good luck to everybody involved and it gets resolved and then everyone can get back to racing.

You know at some point and time everyone blows up, has a bad day and makes it someone elses problem. It could be at a race track or somewhere else like parking at the movies. I do think punishment should be brought down like it has. I like the idea of the rest of the tracks knowing about it for sure. I havent heard of this guy having this type of problem anywhere else. Of course all it takes is one bad night for someone to seriously get hurt. Thank God nobody did. I have a long lasting relationship with the Dancers and I am thankful she was spared any harm including the driver. If this guy is any kind of a racer then he is already regreting his decisions he made. I have been there and done that in one way or another like most other people. He has to be responsible first and foremost and secondly he should be contacting the track and everyone involved apoligizing for his actions just to get this behind everyone. Here is the hard part, we all have to go racing this weekend and walk the walk. If we dont learn from others mistakes we surely wont when we screw up. Glad nobody was hurt. Of course if two grown men want to beat the hell out of each other on the front straight away I am all for that! ;)

Ok..you two have a good point...and I do understandabout having a bad day...we have all done stupid stuff...and the only thing that has kept me from doing even dumber stuff is the knowledge of what would happen if I did it... now, I try to remember that my kid is watching...and would like to set a good example (would LIKE to...lol) I think some times people need to remember this is what we are doing for fun...so, when it stops being fun...stop...even if its just for that race. SO...I guess it is time to start having some fun....

It is real easy to not blow up and do something out of character . In life just ease away close your eyes and don't open them till your cooled off. In a race car ease into the pits, flip the switch, lean back close your eyes and don't climb out till you cooled down. Think of you actions before you do them. Most people would have been hauled to jail for this, he got lucky. I hope that he can prove all of us wrong

Ok..you two have a good point...and I do understandabout having a bad day...we have all done stupid stuff...and the only thing that has kept me from doing even dumber stuff is the knowledge of what would happen if I did it... now, I try to remember that my kid is watching...and would like to set a good example (would LIKE to...lol) I think some times people need to remember this is what we are doing for fun...so, when it stops being fun...stop...even if its just for that race. SO...I guess it is time to start having some fun....

I am sure its alot easier for us on the outside then it was for you to witness something that close.

Ok vl..it is clear you did NOT learn anything from this...I had no grudge against you...now I know what kind of person you are...I will just not have anything to do with you..easy enough. Tell me this though...where exactly WAS my wife? and....saying that a folded up bumper is justification for assault with a deadly weapon is beyond worse than I would have given you credit for, you should have went to jail...and..anyone who does that should...normal race track incidents are one thing...what you did was WAY past the line. But, since I am sure this will fall on deaf ears, this will be my last post on this, hope to not see you Saturday...AJ

VL,

Last night I wrote a very long response to your "apology," (if that was an apology, I'm Santa Claus), but I didn't post it because I don't permit bashing on here and I would have been violating my own rules had I posted it.

But blaming Brenda for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and then ragging on her husband as well, hardly constitutes a sincere apology. Worse yet, blaming the other driver for your behavior is indeed pitiful.

Frankly, you can thank the Good Lord above that you did not succeed in killing anyone that night because instead of being all arrogant and unrepentant, you would be explaining yourself to a jury of your peers.

I am praying for you.

Nick

I still think if your that pissed then take it to the finish line and let the fans get their monies worth. Even if the promotor passed out boxing gloves so noone would get 2 black eyes. It would do 2 things. Cut out all the BS and for those that are froggy it would help sell tickets! Maybe I should of tried that when I had the chance. <_<

I'm just a fan who traveled up from Corpus for this event.First let me say what happened did nothing to tarnish the event for Mr. Hudgens.We long time fans have seen plenty through the years and understand racing can be quite an emotional sport at times. I really don't have a problem with a guy giving another a bump after the race to show his displeasure. But to back up and ram a second time is over the line. All invoved know this and I doubt the next time vl loses his cool it will be handled better. As for him racing elsewhere he should be allowed to.You know he will be watched closely now so he should not be a problem . By the way this was the first time I have been to Texana for a regular night of racing and I have to say a big GOOD JOB to all involved there.That is a fun well run facility.

Alright guys, its clear everybody thinks that this all should have went to the cops..... Dancer as for all the stuff that has happened it should not even go that far. As for VL he is a very great guy if you know him like i do...This guy would give the shirt off his back for someone. And he knows for a fact he was wrong. And it was not assault with a deadly weapon.. Both cars have roll cages and would have never gotten into the others car. Its real great how everyone can talk all the mess they want to on here but cant in person. He did cool down that nite. As for him running at other tracks thats their decision which it has been made at SOS he will be there. And as for him and his wife they took up selling smileys parts at the track for the racers. Now bashing him on here is not a great thing for prople to do... Bash all yall want it wont hurt him none. I also dont think he has a reputation of doing things like that at any track he has raced at. Now the other driver does have a bad reputation in doing it. He just didnt like being on the opposite end this time..... VL racing will NOT quit for anything or anybody. SO eat your hearts out on here............

Archived