Mr. Magoo strike's again...

CJY08

Pretty close racing tonight boy's.... good racing, everybody had some fun, cody was late like always. but wasn't bad for the opener :lol: Oh mr. magoo the chicken hawk beat you.... hehe. 10 cars isn't bad for the first night with 5 or more on the way. We mite just reach that 200 to win ( got gb's attention now) keep them coming boy's

I went last night after not going to the asphalt track in a long time.

The facility was in pretty good shape. The bleachers, concessions, and grounds were clean and well kept. THe people at the concession were nice and helpfull. The food was cheap. thats a good thing. The fans seemed like they had a good time and the kids were excited about the Easter Extravaganza.

Now the negetives. 16 cars (my count) among five classes dos,t put on much of a show. Disappointed in track, it looks like one groove only. No trash cans in the bleachers, you have to leave the stands to throw away your trash.

Overall, Management did everything they could do to make it fun for the fans. They just need cars.

Question: THe anouncer said the Sport Mods are IMCA Sanctioned, Are they? I Know they use the same rules but do you have to have a license and do the drivers get Contingency and point money?

These are just my opinions. I went with a open mind.

spedfrk.

The facility was in pretty good shape. The bleachers, concessions, and grounds were clean and well kept. THe people at the concession were nice and helpfull. The food was cheap. thats a good thing. The fans seemed like they had a good time and the kids were excited about the Easter Extravaganza.

Now the negetives. 16 cars (my count) among five classes dos,t put on much of a show. Disappointed in track, it looks like one groove only. No trash cans in the bleachers, you have to leave the stands to throw away your trash.

Overall, Management did everything they could do to make it fun for the fans. They just need cars.

Question: THe anouncer said the Sport Mods are IMCA Sanctioned, Are they? I Know they use the same rules but do you have to have a license and do the drivers get Contingency and point money?

These are just my opinions. I went with a open mind.

spedfrk.

Trash cans by beer stand throw 1 away buy 2 and you with feel better about it

** Thanks for coming - We do appreciate it. *******

** Thanks for noticing. Dan has put a lot of work into the place over the last month and spent a lot to improve the facilities. A new sound system $7000.00 - the electronic scoring system $6500.00. Repairing bleachers - $$?? - rebuilding and repairing several buildings - $$?? - and plans to do more improvements. We currently are concerned with and working on lighting issues. As for the concessions and Easter Extravaganza we plan to maintain an affordable family entertainment center where all can have fun ****

*** As for the car count we had 24 but all did not run all races. Some broke and did not run at all. As the saying goes - build it and they will come - A lot of drivers have called and said they plan to run but there cars are not ready. Some have held off not knowing if the track would open. I can tell you from my perspective Dan would not be putting this amount of work and money into the track if he did not plan to keep it running for many years. ***

***** Again thanks for noticing. As I stated earlier we hope to make it a family fun entertainment center. ***

*** This is my fault. I was trying to point out that this class of cars are running by the same rules as the IMCA modifieds. I guess I need to make that a little more clearer.

Thanks for the comments ** We like to hear from the fans - good or bad. ***

Mike Creacy

Announcer and General Flunky

CC Speedway

I too would like to thank everyone that came out on opening nite.Thank you drivers and fans it was a great nite of racing with many more to come.I especially want to thank Dan and Kandy for steping up and making sure we have a place to go and watch great racing on Sat. nites cause without them doing this we probably wouldnt have a asphalt track any longer.Thanks for all the work your doing to make the place a safe and affordable place to go and also thanks to all that pitched in to help out around there before and during the race nite.Glad to be working with all of you and seeing the drivers and fans at this great place.As the saying goes " THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Yall just keep the lights on and the gates open, we plan to make a trip or two down there with our grandstock. After speaking with several drivers here at THR I think we will have some caravan down there. Just got to get the logistics down right.

I can't wait.

I also was very impressed with the improvements I saw at the track.New wood in the stands,fantastic sound system and most of all for me THE TRACK WAS LIT UP! I could actually see on the track again.

I believe I figgured out the magic that is CC Speedway.Its the people.Everyone was so nice and polite.I felt really comfortable and the fans were fantastic.I must admit I was a little concerned but Dan gave us all the confidence we needed.Everyone who has ever been involved in racing in Corpus knows Dan and knows there is no false pretence about him.I believe he will be a great leader.More importantly so does everyone else.

Eack class of cars showed that the track is very raceable and as smooth as it has ever been.It will be no problem to race full fields of cars.The part I like best is if you dont crash or break at the end of the nite your ready for the next race.

The Texas Thunders showed great promise and will be a great class to race in combineing both the modern car and the hot rods of old.The Neon ran great and Tommy showed great promis with his Nissan 200SX.Kevens Mustang was real strong and when he gets the suspension tuned will be hard to outrun.Everyone else was looking good shaking out the cob webs and setting a baseline.

The Super Streets again were really fast and fun to watck.Like Nascar of old.

It was made very clear that the bombers are going to be STOCK cars with no deviation from stock parts.Anotherwords no sneaking in a little this and that.It was also announced since there were already some cars like that and to help the dirt cars that want to race on off nites the pure stocks will run on off nite from the dirt track.These are the bombers with some upgrades.WARNING:any bomber caught cheating with aftermarket racing parts will automatically be upgraded to pure stock classification.Dan knows the importance in protecting the bomer class to keep it stock while still having a place for those who want a little more.He also showed intrest in working with the dirt track for the betterment of both.

The Sport mods showed there is potential for some good safe racing and use the same tires they already use.So a sway bar addition is the only thing needed and thats optional.It was announced they would also run on alternate weekends so those wanting to run for points at both tracks can do so.The full purse was paid even with only 4 cars.Wish I had one.

Overall the feeling was postive.The future looke good.Lots of people I talked to are bringing cars.

260 York,that old modified trick you used only worked because the heavy wind all day collected a lot of dust in turn 3&4 making my "Days of Thunder" high side pass inefficitive. :ph34r:

GB YOU HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THAT 3 CAR ..HE SAID IT HANLDED PURTY DARN GOOD .TO BAD THE MOTOR WOULD NOT STAY WITH HIM ... BUT WE HAVE A BACK UP PLAN ..THANKS FOR SAYING THE CAR LOOKED GOOD ASWEL AS DAN SAYING SO . I HAD TO FINISH UP A THUNDERBIRD JOB SO I DIDNT GET TO COME OUT AND SEE SOME GREAT RACEN ..FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER MISSED A FIRST RACE WITH A NEW CAR .MUST BE GETTING OLD ..... ALSO DONT BLAIME THE DUST ON LOSING THAT RACE ..THERE IS NO SHAIME AMONG US WHEN YOU GET BEAT BY A FORD ..GET USE TO IT ..LOL THERES ANOTHER PINTO IN YOUR FUTURE ..

I would like to thank everyone for their postive imput and support.Also all the ones who have come out and helped.But most of all a lot of the credit goes to Carol who not only made us a great deal on the track,but also has been behind the scenes with advise and any other help we needed.We are looking forward to a great season and better things to come. Thanks

Archived