FIRE TRUCK FOR MARCH 20TH RACE PROVIDED BY GREG DINSMORE 8G AND RYAN B

8G RACING FAMILY

ATTENTION DRIVERS,CREW AND FAMILIES:

AS PROUD ADVOCATES OF THE RYAN BARD SAFETY FOUNDATION----

RACING SAFE HAS ALWAYS BEEN IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY FAMILY, AS WELL AS MANY OTHERS RACERS,

TO MAKE SURE THE TRACK HAS A FIRE TRUCK ON SITE FOR USE DURING THE RACES MARCH 20TH,

I HAVE CALLED OUT THE JOURDANTON FIRE DEPARTMENT TO BE THERE TO PROTECT OUR GREAT RACERS AT MY OWN EXPENSE.

MY WIFE WOULDN'T LET ME RACE WITHOUT THE PROPER SAFETY EQUIPTMENT, AS YOUR WIVES/GIRLFRIENDS/KIDS/FATHERS AND MOTHERS WOULD NOT WANT YOU TO EITHER.

I WILL SEE YOU ALL FRIDAY, WITH MY RACING FAMILY IN TOW AND HOPE TO HAVE A GREAT SAFE NIGHT.HAVING A FIRE TRUCK IS A GREAT THING, BUT YOU ALSO NEED TO MAKE SURE IN YOUR TRAILER HAS A FIRE EXTINGUISHER (OR TWO) FOR INCIDENTS INSIDE THE PIT AREA.

DON'T FORGET........

TO FINISH FIRST, YOU MUST FIRST FINISH.

GREG DINSMORE AND THE 8G FAMILY

8G IMCA MODIFIED DRIVER

KERRVILLE, TEXAS

Right on Greg!

Flapper valves and good fuel cell lids are important but they are only 1/2 of the equation. The other half is the ability to address a big fire should one occur through a ruptured fuel cell or other very real possibility. Hand held fire extinguishers are no more than peeing down a volcano in such a scenario. A person in jeans and a T-shirt will never get close enough to a massive fire to do any more than helplessly watch a driver burn alive. Harsh reality.

Thanks!!

If the track doesn't want to provide a fire engine with fire-suited fire fighters on a regular basis I would contribute towards anybody taking up a collection to have one present.

Don in Austin

Don in Austin,

Thank you, thank you, thank you....Sometimes I feel like a very unpopular Lone Ranger for saying exactly what you said! Nobody wants to hear or deal with that issue, seems like, so thanks for the stand and willingness to help financially. Halfway is not the way to address this HOT topic! I'm blown away that Greg would do that, but just maybe it will get some much-needed attention.

Greg,

You might of had steaks on the way home, but I bet they were in a bun, after spreading them big winnings around! Rock On, Ultra man!

THANKS PAUL WE JUST DONT WANT RYANS PASSING :( TO GO UN NOTICED IF OTHER PEOPLE WOULD HAVE SEEN IT THEY WOULD FEEL THE SAME THEN THERES THIS PAUL GUY WHOS POUNDING THIS STUFF IN MY HEAD ITS CALLED SAFETY SAFETY COLD AZULS PLEASE SAFETY SAFETY AZULS PLEASE ;) THEN ON AND ON U GET THE PIC :blink:

Archived