LoneStar SpeedZone Question of the Week on TRACKSMACK with DAWN MURPHY

Dawn

Is NASCAR right to start to over analyze START AND PARK rides now?

Haven't they ALWAYS been a part of racing, and even now in the economic times that we are in, should NASCAR just be happy they have a full field?

Post it here and I will read on air, or call in at 210-736-9760 or toll free at 800-707-9760

TRACKSMACK on TICKET 760 at 9 AM or streaming LIVE at www.ticket760.com

No it hasn't always been that way....a TRUE old school racer would never even think about that(sans Morgan Sheppard)

How else is NA$CAR going to get a full field anymore???????

As i recall reading somewhere, NA$CAR is contracturally obligated to <<<insert network here>>> to having a full field. Wouldn't surprise me if NA$CAR is funding some of this crap just to avoid lawsuits. There's the hypocracy!!!!!

Just another sign that Franceland is headed the wrong direction.....

No it hasn't always been that way....a TRUE old school racer would never even think about that(sans Morgan Sheppard)

How else is NA$CAR going to get a full field anymore???????

As i recall reading somewhere, NA$CAR is contracturally obligated to <<<insert network here>>> to having a full field. Wouldn't surprise me if NA$CAR is funding some of this crap just to avoid lawsuits. There's the hypocracy!!!!!

Just another sign that Franceland is headed the wrong direction.....

Well since I have NEVER been an OLD SCHOOL RACER, I can only go by what I read, and what I have been told over the last week or so, when I talked with a few of them. I was told, this has ALWAYS been a part of NASCAR. It was just never thrown in folks faces the way it is being done now. Seemed folks just turned the other way to it because it was guys busting balls to make it in the cup series as best as they could.

Edited by Dawn

All I can say is watch for Morgan this year. A 19th and a 13th place finish. I'm not at liberty to say where the sponsorship(if you will) came from, but lets say there are some good hearted fellow racers who believe in him still. He is in a new chassis and has some good motors. Oh yeah, having someone to take care of his tires seems to be helping as well... He is a good hearted man and I respect that he hasnt given up...

Edited by KISS_Racing

Dawn....back in the day.....racers actually got rides because of their raw talent, desire, and willingness to give up everything they owned just for a chance to race. So they were just going to pack and park(old school dirt terminology)?????? PLEASE!!!!!! <_<

Unlike today's no talent(and I've been told I'm an expert here), pretty boys(not an expert) that can bring/land a sponsor.....JMO

Hey Kathy.....sure missed ya at THR Sat. night :(

KISS...sponsorship for Morgan????

In the 90's Phil Bonifield in the Truck Series made a habit out of start and park, and made a decent living. Each team that starts and parks has to qualify on speed, so I'm not seeing the problem here. If you are so slow that you can't out qualify a start and park team, how long do you think you'll be on the track during a race before NASCAR black flags you for not being up to speed? Could it be that some teams are crying because they want to do the same but aren't fast enough? Jelousey maybe? I think this goes back to the old rule,"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". NASCAR has fixed so much that ain't broke, now they've broke it. Leave well enough alone. If you want race, qualify better.

Edited by Blue Moon Motorsports

Thanks Reb, my fingers were flying so I could get off the computer.... I wouldnt say sponsorship since neither one of them are mentioned on the car, but several articles have been written on the subject. Funny thing is one of them apparently has a really big heart and believes in what Morgan is doing...

Good things do come to those who are patient...

Sorry, back to start & park. My thoughts are as David mentioned. If one can qualify for a race and start, who am I to judge whether they run the whole race or not. Sure it would make for some good racing if all the cars finished the race, but with all the failures and wrecks they dont all finish anyways.

Then again you could have more people buying there way into a race after not qualifying! Oh wait that doesnt happen does it?! ;)

Edited by KISS_Racing