WHAT A SHOW!

Budman

Wow, what a show! What great racing was put on by all three series last night! Given the number of laps run and the less than ideal conditions, cautions were minimal. Lots of good, clean, hard racing. My kind of show! Congrats to all the drivers and series. How 'bout dim midgets? :)

Congrats also to the folks at Full Throttle! (What an honor and pleasure it was to meet you Aryn.) Thanks so much to Tavo for bringing this caliber of show to the race fans of this region. I'm already looking forward to the next one! Now, if we can just get the dang weather to cooperate with us next time. We are way, way overdue! :D

My hat's off to Tavo Hellmund. He hit a home run with this one. Three great races and a great crowd in spite of the cold, threatening weather. It could have been a complete disaster if that foul weather had stuck around a couple hours longer...

Congratulations to Tavo, Aryn and the whole Thunderhill Raceway crew that worked their butts off to make this happen.

Nick

Tavo & Aryn did an incredible job pulling that event off last night. The weather being as it was sure made it seem impossible at one point Saturday. Once the event started, Full Throttle kept the events on schedule within half an hour even with the added speedbumps, these guys are a class act!

A super great show made me forget that it was bone chillin cold. Thanks to all who had a part in bringing this show here and I hope they continue to do so year after year. Been a while since I watched the midgets mix it up and they flat put on a good show. Hey Nick, wasn't it great to see those drivers work without being hidden under those big wings?

Each event last night had its own special excitement for the fans and I sure hope they all make it a point to return. :D

Ditto. Amazing job by everyone involved and an awesome show! Everything from the drivers on the track and crews in the pits to the promoters & officials, the announcers... event staff... music... midway... the concession runners - all were top notch. ;)

I had the added enjoyment of seeing familiar faces in the pits and among the NASCAR officials from my old home track and the Whelen Series. That was especially cool for me personally.

To all who have posted:

Thank you for the kind words and continued support.

Special thanks to the Full Throttle staff and THR staff for the incredible job under extremely difficult circumstances.

To the media who went out of their way with more than a single story... Mike Barnes, Jeff Power, Roger Wallace, Bob Ballou, Dave Cody, Matt Mitchell, The Statesman, San Marcos Record, Nick Holt, Newstreamz, Hallas, LSSZ for multiple pieces each, over a month period on Racefest!

Budman, I kept both my promises to you <_< .

And finally to the fans... all 5,676 of you tough souls, thank you and hope you enjoyed some awesome racing!

Yes, during clean up today was saying, darn todays sunshine would have made it even better! Watching Brad Sweet turn a 13.535 in practice was worth the cold and damp conditions though! However, the facility is completely clean and ready for the start of THR's regular season! Good luck to all.

Tavo (CT) Hellmund

Full Throttle Productions, LP.

I would like to send a special thanks out to bobby east, tracy hines and cole whitt for their time they spent with my family and i saturday evening.. and a huge thanks out to traceys wife, cole and bobbys moms these are great women and very supportive of there familys racing...thanks Lynn, Robin, and Nacho (the dog)......

and as usual mary ann h.e. jack and entire thr crew did a great job...

Edited by looneedude

I talked to one of the guys from the Speed channel, and he gave me the following broadcast information for the Allstate Texas Racefest show:

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25

2:00 p.m. CST

Be sure to set your DVRs!

We will have to check the schedule, as SpeedTV shows Thunderhill on April 2 at 3:00 pm and that's what Kevin Green was saying in the press box Saturday night. He also said the delay was longer than usual because the next Camping World race wasn't for three weeks, and they wanted the telecast closer to the next race.

You're correct, TQ!

Tavo has just sent me the following update:

According to NASCAR Entertainment, the race will have three replays - the first being on Thursday April 2nd at 2:00pm Central. They'll do a second replay in late September and the final around Christmas time. The telecast will not include TSRS. USAC has a separate TV network for their broadcasts.