TWS PHOTOS

97car

yes you are, #16 Roy Payne, 81- Jerry Grant in the fast Lee Machen Chevelle, 72- Tommy Riggins, invader who won a TROC,

4- one of my best friends Jim Pallas who helped my dad so much on his first cars, Big 4 Auto Parts out of Austin, that car came apart piece by piece!!! not quite the legend of the Grabber Blue #4 "old thumper"...

if that camaro is 88 Donnie Moore drove it that year, if 68, Russell Greater the car owner took the wheel for one weekend @ TWS.

The #19 Ford was owned by the late Paul McGinn and driven by Leroy Farmer, who did the paint design and work. The car was sponsored by Bill & Judy Morris.

A few years after we started the TWS Stock Car road course races, I decided to add a Super Stock class to support the Texas Race of Champions for TIDA Late Models and the other class races. The class was successful.

Neil Upchurch

Former Race Director

Texas Race of Champions

Texas World Speedway

I remember Robin in that race, close second to JOhn Newlin... that 24 os Slick's one of the few times I ever say him in anything other than a reddish car. #74 Phill Lyall in what I think may hvae been a Freddy car, 22 of Gary Van Lew after Fireball got out of that car and the 45 of Bob Bolin.

Good pics, I'll say it again, sure do miss those TWS races..

That blue #24 was the 1984 color, in the last pic with the black #21 in it, the car in front is the 97 of Wally Garcia.

The #74 is Freddy's old #14 Nova, and Phillip Lyall still has that car in Houston, with some changes to it, including the sheetmetal.

The 81 is Grant is one of the later 80's paint schemes based on the styling of the numbers.

A few years after we started the TWS Stock Car road course races, I decided to add a Super Stock class to support the Texas Race of Champions for TIDA Late Models and the other class races. The class was successful.

You're right, Neal; I know we enjoyed racing up there!!

Archived