Recognition

dano36

With the ink now dry in the record books for 2008, I thought it appropriate to single out one person for his outstanding support of asphalt Auto Racing in South Texas.

His team showed up at THR every night they raced plus traveled to Houston on many occasions to participate there and also to Red River. At THR, He managed to field several cars to help increase car counts at that track. His love of racing brings out his enthusiam to support the tracks he runs at plus to make sure fans see quality racing.

Any fan that has been around for a while knows he is a top competitor both as a driver and car owner. On an average night at THR his pit area would have as many as 6 cars. That man is Joe Aramendia and he deserves to be recognized as Mr. South Texas Asphalt Racing. I feel honored to be able to call Joe a friend and I know that whenever I go to an asphalt event in South Texas, Joe will be there to put on a show. Its much appreciated Joe. Thanks.

:) Dano

Dano, Excellent subject for this thread. I couldn't agree more. SS99, he would get my vote. Thanks Joe and the whole crew for all y'all do for racing in this region.

I'm glad you mentioned the whole crew. I wouldn't take a thing away from Joe, but Frankie G. also bears mentioning in conjunction with Joe. Together those guys have done a ton to support TSRS, THR, and the other tracks. I know of several times when Frankie put up extra purse money for travelling teams.

These guys are appreciated for sure.

Joe is one of the rare examples of a racer that has tried his hand at the higher levels of racing all over the country.Yet,he still comes back to South Texas to race and support racing in a big way.There have been many racers that go elsewhere but never come back even after a lack of success.It must take alot to swallow your pride and run at a lower level,especially after running as high as the Busch(Nationwide)Series.From a long time fan...please keep it up and maybe a few others will follow suit.

p.s. Carolyn Aramendia and her side of the family do a lot to support the effort aswell.

Archived