Fuel Prices

joneill814

Jeff,

I checked with the THR fuel supplier (SS Motorsports), and here's the answer:

I do not have current prices; and they will likely change between now and February anyway. I expect they will be considerably lower, but do not know for sure.

Thanks,

Jerry

Thanks Deb for you help.

Jeff,

I checked with the THR fuel supplier (SS Motorsports), and here's the answer:

I do not have current prices; and they will likely change between now and February anyway. I expect they will be considerably lower, but do not know for sure.

Thanks,

Jerry

dont know about race fuel, but was talking to a bud of mine in jackson south carolina tonite and he said he paid .99 for regular gas today in aiken south carolina at an exxon station,the cheapest he'd paid in 15 yrs.maybe it will move on towards texas,i'd go for some .99 a gal gas.

The problem here, gang, is that if gasoline were to stay below even two bucks a gallon, we're shafted when the oil runs out (and we know it is going to run out) because no one will have invested money in alternative fuels.

Did you notice how fast T. Boone Pickens put his wind farm project on hold when the price of gas started dropping?

I got 5 gal of race fuel tuesday.. Still $8.50 per gallon..

That's probably because they bought it when it was high and haven't ran out yet. You probably wont see it go down for a while. Now any new barrels should go down in price...I would hope.

Where did you get it from Aaron?

What i here race gas price will not change much.they have only dropped the price 20 cents at the refinery on race gas.It's not the people that sell it at or to the tracks it's the refinerys.Another thing that I would like to point out gas does not have a long shelf life. I like superior race fuel because I know it's fresh and blended in small batches

Gundog I hate to burst your ballon but it cost about 25 to fill up my mini-van and 15 or 16 to fill up Joyce's Saturn.I don't know why diesel is so high. Wait after thinking about it I think it's because of the additives the feds mandated to make it burn cleaner. When the gov. gets involved everyone pays extra.

Not a lot of people know this, but some of the fuel companies aren't true patroleum based products. I know at one time VP was nothing more than blended chemicals. Don't know if thats still true or not. Superior/Track-Tec is a patroleum based product which is why one of the reasons that it is more expensive than most.

in my conversation with them, Supertx is right.. its the suppliers that are sticking it too us, not the shop. They are calling it a Specialty fuel so they don't have to lower the price right along with the price of regular gas....

Along with the fact that demand for it is real low so they are just using up supply that they made last summer... So i wouldn't call it a rip off...

I think mid season the price of Race fuel might change, but for now i am going to have to be happy to not be paying $180 to fill the Truck up.. instead only $65.

Gundog I hate to burst your ballon but it cost about 25 to fill up my mini-van and 15 or 16 to fill up Joyce's Saturn.I don't know why diesel is so high. Wait after thinking about it I think it's because of the additives the feds mandated to make it burn cleaner. When the gov. gets involved everyone pays extra.

I know Larry, my wife's car run's super unleaded (gas turbo), and it's only 23.00 to fill it up....BUT, just a couple of week's ago it was 45.00 to fill it. I'm just going to take the small #'s as long as I can get em.

:rolleyes: I just got diesel in Marble Falls for $1.98 and loved filling up.Hope it goes down more and for the fella that said that we are going to run out of oil soon I for one dont believe that I grew up in the oil fields and my father worked in them and i worked in them and i saw them plug good produceing wells every time the price went down and so i know they can go back and open those pluged wells when the price goes back up. These oil companys play games with us I have seen that first hand.

:rolleyes: I just got diesel in Marble Falls for $1.98 and loved filling up.Hope it goes down more and for the fella that said that we are going to run out of oil soon I for one dont believe that I grew up in the oil fields and my father worked in them and i worked in them and i saw them plug good produceing wells every time the price went down and so i know they can go back and open those pluged wells when the price goes back up. These oil companys play games with us I have seen that first hand.

heck in the late 70.s i plugged a few working wells on king ranch .. and blew holes in others . ...

Archived