sport mod and late models at ccs

I have to work till 4 on Saturday. Dont have the sportmod ready yet anyway. I will come by as soon as I get off work. I think sportmods should run IMCA rules except for the IMCA stamped wheels and tires. It would make it easy for a few guys to run dirt and pavement. I think the Goodyear tires are a good idea but I wouldn't exclude the hoosier 500 maybe for a couple of races or Goodyears on right side and allow Hoosiers on left for a couple of races. JMO

Bobby Jack

How many potential Late Models made it to the meeting? What kind of purse would be paid? A good idea may be to sanction it with ASA and give people something to race for like THR. After all, most race for the glory and with a sanction, you can get it. Racing for a percentage of the back gate is not a very good sell to racers.

Maverick,

Ive got two Super LateModels waiting to go but have not seen anything since the meeting. Dont know what kind of cars are to be raced. Mostly limited late model guys showed up and they dont want to race with the supers. Heard that the rules would be out by this weekend but havent seen them yet. If you find out something, let me know.

I guess it's time to tell everyone about our sad news....my beloved mitzi has been diagnosed with stageIIIB lung cancer. Thus the reason I have been kind of hard to find ....Randy,fred, and joe are finishing up the rules and they will be posted soon. Some other things are looking positive for 09 with both tracks working out a schedule that will be something new and exciting if all goes well and I feel very positive about the outcome.

Mike sorry to hear the sad news,I hope everything turns out well and our prayers are out to you all. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. God bless and have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. :D

OURS HOPES AND PRAYS ARE WITH YOU AND MITZI AS I AND MY FAMILY HAVE COME TO THINK OF YOU AND MITZI AS CLOSE FRIENDS IN A SHORT TIME THAT YOU AND MITIZ HAVE HAD THE TRACK I BELIEVE THAT MANY OF THE OTHER DRIVERS FEEL THE SAME WAY. AND WE ALL WILL PRAY THAT THIS A MINOR SETBACK AND THAT MITZI AND YOU WILL BE WITH US FOR MANY MORE YEARS TO COME

well I thought that owen and I could work something out between the two tracks,Since we were only going to run the sport mods twice a month it could have been some fun between the tracks and the cars could have alternated and an overall corpus champion would have been something very new and exciting.....after reading some of their comments I think we will remain running on alternate weekends for the drivers but some have already excused themselves with damaging comments. Thanks owen for the possibility it sounded like a hoot. But It seems like some would rather not. We will still alternate weekends to make it possible for the drivers to race if they want to.

well I thought that owen and I could work something out between the two tracks,Since we were only going to run the sport mods twice a month it could have been some fun between the tracks and the cars could have alternated and an overall corpus champion would have been something very new and exciting.....after reading some of their comments I think we will remain running on alternate weekends for the drivers but some have already excused themselves with damaging comments. Thanks owen for the possibility it sounded like a hoot. But It seems like some would rather not. We will still alternate weekends to make it possible for the drivers to race if they want to.

Michael and Mitzi, all of the DCRST family have you in our prayers. Take care and we look forward to the upcoming season at the Asphalt Bullring.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess it's time to tell everyone about our sad news....my beloved mitzi has been diagnosed with stageIIIB lung cancer. Thus the reason I have been kind of hard to find ....Randy,fred, and joe are finishing up the rules and they will be posted soon. Some other things are looking positive for 09 with both tracks working out a schedule that will be something new and exciting if all goes well and I feel very positive about the outcome.

mitzi is a strong person.she has never showed us anything but kindness and spirit.she will continue to do this though her success to get better.our thoughts and prayers are with you and mike.please feel free to let us know if there is anything that we can help with in any way. greg sr and greg jr and the whole outlaw racing team are here for both of you. the CARLUCCI'S

Archived