Pinewood Derby

I just wanted to give everyone a chance to be ready. On Jan. 17th we will be having our annual Cub Scout Pinewood Derby in Flour Bluff. It will be held at the Intermediate school cafeteria. We would love to have any cars from any track and any class come out. The kids had a blast with the cars that came out last year. When I asked if they wanted the cars again everyone insisted! This is a great chance to advertise your track. As we get closer, I will put out more details. Thanks!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Cub Scout Pinewood Derby will be Jan. 17th at 9am. The race cars can get there around 10 am. We will be from about 9am-12pm. The boys will be in and out checking out the cars. We will have around 80 families attending. We welcome all cars and all tracks. Feel free to bring fliers, coupons, pics, etc.... The Derby will be held at Flour Bluff Intermediate School. You can take SPID towards Padre Island and exit Waldron Road and take a right. Hustlin' Hornet Drive intersects Waldron Road. Turn left onto Hustlin Hornet Rd. and it is the 3rd building on the right. Unfortunately, the address is the main admin. building for the school district so that would just confuse things. If you have any questions you can contact Robin at 939-9002. Thanks so much! These are your future race car drivers!

The school district address is 2505 Waldron Rd., Corpus Christi, TX, 78418. All of the buildings are on one block, but they all use the same address. The Intermediate school is actually on Hustlin' Hornet Dr. off of Waldron Road. It is the 3rd building on the right. The cars will be in the parking lot. There is not a covered area. Thanks so much!!

Hello Driver's Wife.

I plan to come down for your event on Saturday with a mini-stock from California that is now joining the Texas Pro Sedan series. I will bring the #01 car and join the #88 TPS to caravan down to Corpus.

Would it be okay to bring flyers and cards with promotional info from our home tracks or home series? I'm not sure if you are affiliated with a particular track or series and don't want to step on any toes with other promo stuff. I know you mentioned that it's a good way to promote your track, I just want to be clear.

I'm looking forward to meeting the kids. My car was sponsored last season by the Child Safety Foundation and we still have a big "Buckle Bear" on the side which the younger kids tend to enjoy. We toured grade schools in Southern California giving talks about proper seat belt use in the car and wearing helmets for skateboards and bikes.

Tory C

post-10304-1231865840.jpg

We would love to have you! Please bring anything you want, as we support racing period. These tracks are a dying breed and we need to do whatever it takes. We have several military families in our pack and they had no idea we had any local tracks much less two! That being said you never know when someone will be out your direction.

As for hotels I got a few numbers of the nearest ones. There are many more in town. In my opinion one of the best is the Laguna Shores Resort and Marina (361) 937-6878. They are fairly new and cater mostly to fisherman. The parking lot is huge to accomadate the boats and trailors. It is also right on the water to boot. Not very far away is a motel 6 at (361)991-0120. This one is in Flour Bluff, but is a little run down, but the price might be right--Padre Motel (361) 937-1433. On the much higher end there is a new Hilton Garden Inn not very far (361) 991-8200.

I think some time ago Mike put on the CC Speedway sight a hotel on the other side of town. I hope this helps.

hey toy ..maybe you can get alittle taste of the ford gang .saterday ..you up for a parking lot lesson ..lol ...glad you are comeing .i have to work all day saterday ..but i may find some time to sneak a peak at your hot rod .... robbin ..jessie is going to bring out the 7 .aka 28 ...... should have a good showing ......with ozzy and toy comeing .i figure lalo will be showing up ..

hey toy ..maybe you can get alittle taste of the ford gang .saterday ..you up for a parking lot lesson ..lol ...glad you are comeing .i have to work all day saterday ..but i may find some time to sneak a peak at your hot rod .... robbin ..jessie is going to bring out the 7 .aka 28 ...... should have a good showing ......with ozzy and toy comeing .i figure lalo will be showing up ..

I'm ready for the parking lot lesson. You bringing the cones???

I stayed at the Holiday Inn around the corner from CCMS. Truck got broken into and guress what, camera in back parking lot was not working.

I asked the cop if I would have gotten in trouble for shooting the person who broke into my truck, manager looked a little concerned at that point. (INSIDE JOB!)

Archived