Midget Racing 40's and 50's

apoftexas

Bobby Albert's ..1939 RESTORED OFFY MIDGET..

post-8338-1228076518_thumb.jpg

We captured this restored Midget at the 2008 AutoRama in Houston.

It has been beautifully restored and also includes the 110 C.I. OFFY Engine!

Need to see more of these old midgets..

85 B)

post-8338-1228076623_thumb.jpg

Buddy,

Yep, believe its him alright.

We spoke briefly and another gentlemen with him discussing all kinds of midgets.

Spoke with one fella who just sold a 50's 1/2 Midget and didn't know what it was until I explained about the engine plant it had. From his discription, it was a Wahlborg 1/2 Midget.

Said he wished he had kept it..

-Randy

Randy,

Just by coincidence, here is a pic I took at the San Antonio Autorama several years ago. It too is a '39.

It belonged to Johnny Doyle at the time. Johnny passed away a couple of years ago. I don't know the fate of the midget. Maybe somebody on here knows.

post-1274-1228192476_thumb.jpg

Buddy,

I agree.

Maybe someone can help us out here.

These midgets need to be preserved in the American Racing tradition which shows the roots of our love for the sport and it's history.

The 20th Century Race cars were truly some of the most innovated cars ever built.

Spread the word.

-Randy

The last thing I heard about Doyle's Midget, it is still in the San Antonio area. Doyle sold it to somebody who used to be in S.A. Law Enforcement; I don't know his name. Bill Jones told me this a year ago.

Buddy, I believe that Drew Williams would know; he still has contact with some of Doyle's family, and he could ask one of them.

Doyle's midget was a west coast car, had no ties to this area other than Doyle buying it.

• 2 months later...

Archived